cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant Lock ups/Freezing issues CVFZ+8350...PLEASE HELP

Dandr01d
Level 7
Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster in need of serious help.

OKAY SO HERES THE PROBLEM: I have recently built this rig (SPECS LISTED BELOW ) and installed Windows 7 x64 ultimate on it. Everything was going smooth until one day the computer suddenly just locked up while I was watching a movie. (Straight Lock up... no hdd light, mouse and keyboard lights on (however unable to move cursor or type or anything) Mean while the QR code says "AA". So thinking this was random, I restarted it and it would always lock up when it gets to the desktop or sometimes it would function for awhile but only to freeze a minute or two later. It would even lock up in Safe mode. Other times it would lock up with the screen black as soon as it touches the desktop. I checked the event viewer, but that only says that windows was unexpectedly shutdown.

i reinstalled windows multiple times, I flashed the bios, reset my hardware/cpu etc / ensured that all power pins are connected/ even cleared CMOS etc tried bread boarding / bought new ram and tried it with that and it still ends up freezing.

The last format and install I did went through smooth. I was able to install everything and have it running smooth. I ran prime95 for about 30 minutes and then windows froze again. When I restarted, the same freezing issues are happening again.

I was messing with it a bit ( put it into LN2 mode, and the system was stable, however the performance was seriously decreased with the cpu running at around 1.4ghz.
i read a lot of forum posts around here regarding lock ups but non of the fixes seem to work for me.

So is there anything I am missing? what could it be? Are there specific bios settings that are maybe conflicting? Is it my CPU? The MOBO? The cooler? the fact that the video card is PCI 3.0?

If you need me to provide anything else I will provide them ASAP.
Any help would be really appreciated. Thank you

Stats Below:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MB
: Crosshair V Formula Z (rev 1.01) BIOS 1901
CPU: AMD FX-8350
GPU: ASUS HD7770-2GD5 Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 2GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
HDD: Samsung SSD 840 (128GB)
RAM: 2X 4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600mhz ( CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B) (8gb total)
PSU: CORSAIR TX750M Enthusiast powersupply
CPU COOLING: ASUS HD7770-2GD5 Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 2GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
3 REPLIES 3

TheNerdBench
Level 10
Welcome to the forum on your first post.

A few questions for you:
1) is your system OC (overclocked)?
2) your system is newer but how "old" is it; two weeks or two months...from an electronics perspective this bit of info is important?

What to try (hopefully frequent this forum you already did this but want to check)
1) is the Aux 8-Pin CPU Power connector populated?
2) is the Aux 4-Pin CPU Power connector populated?
3) is the EZ Plug Power connector populated (Molex connector near top PCIe Slot)
4) I would unplug and re-plug all power connectors

I would try running only one memory module at a time (be sure that the PSU switch is in the OFF/0 position before removing or installing memory modules).

Yes it is perfectly fine to run a PCI 3.0 card in the CFZ

Keep us posted on your progress; I wish more people would follow-up with what the actual problem is/was 🙂

[/HR]
For trouble-shooting tips see my blog at:

[/HR]
http://thenerdbench.blogspot.com/p/bench-testing.html

[/HR]
MB: Crosshair V Formula-Z • CPU: FX-8350 • GPU: Asus Matrix R9 280x • RAM: 8GB of Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer (1866)• PSU: Thermaltake DPS Thoughpower 750 Watt • CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio Advanced • Keyboard: TT Sports Challanger Ultimate • Mouse: TT Sports Black Element • Case: Thermaltake GT Level 10

[/HR]

Hey, Terribly Sorry for the delay in following up.

In response to your questions:

1. My system is running stock.
2. I purchased it August 2nd, 2013. (I built it around then...had it running for about 30 days before the issues) I tried a few solutions on the forums...got depressed...gave up...tried again...gave up...tried again...it worked for a bit...then same issues up to now)

I unplugged an repluged all power connectors and made sure both the 4 and 8 Pin CPU power connectors were populated as well as the EZ Plug Molex connector.

When I turned my computer on the system locks up after the loading windows screen. It would get to windows an freeze or the screen would be blank with cursor on it and would be locked up.

Dandr01d
Level 7
Here is a eventviewer log and HWmonitor log I managed to save before it froze again if this helps?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2x7o39u57jn7gew/events.rar

---
I should also note that I updated the Bios to 2002..still same issues. I ran optimized settings and selected my memory profile as well..same issue. Could it be any of my BIOS settings?