Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G73JW ACPI sensor failure, fans running full speed

QuantumVoid
Level 7
Hello everyone,

I want to open with this link:
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?32706-ASUS-G73JW-ACPI-sensor-failure-fan-speed-permanently-...

The problem described by the OP here is exactly what I'm experiencing right now. Even the same heat.

My ACPI sensor is reading 97C even when I just started the laptop. The fans run at all speed all the time.

I've tried all the fixes in thread I linked, nothing has worked so far. I've tried to update the bios (now on 205), I tried to use my windows CD and repair the startup process, I've tried the /fixboot and other commands from safe mode command prompt, I've tried auto repair, dusting it, everything I could think of. Seems like a hardware problem.

My ACPI sensor reads 97C on SpeedFan, while everything else is at a normal temperature. Obviously it's impossible for it to be this hot right off the bat, and to absolutely never fluctuate.

I do have a second problem that seems to have occured at the same time that this problem started, so it could either be the trigger or the product of the fault ACPI sensor:
When I boot up the computer, it says: "Error sending end of POST message to ME."

I tried troubleshooting this problem too. ME seems to stand for Management Engine and is related to Intel Management Engine Interface (IMEI, I thought this was a cellphone thing so I might be way off the mark) I did an update of my intel management engine but that doesn't seem to have helped with the error.

I'm mostly concerned about the faulty ACPI sensor reading and my fans running at 100%. If anyone has any ideas, that'd be awesome!

P.S.: The laptop still runs just fine, but the fans are at 100% all the time. Is it still safe to use it? I know it'll wear the fans down, but I need my laptop.
0 REPLIES 0