cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overclocking results in occassional WIRED USB keyboard not working

GregH
Level 7
After following a pretty detailed guide on the web here:
http://www.simforums.com/forums/haswell-48ghz-on-air-building-a-haswell-system_topic46180.html

to do a moderate overclock, I have found that my keyboard [Logitech G110 WIRED keyboard] sometimes does not work once the PC is booted into Windows 7 [x64 Pro]. Always seems to work on a restart though. The mouse always works fine and there is not error reported on boot up or in Device Manager or Devices and Printers.

Any ideas on what settings I can look at to fix this? There is a note about WIRELESS Logitech KB's and changing EHCI Handoff to enabled if a KB/mouse combo wireless setup does not work.

I am running the latest in Windows updates and Asus software/BIOS/KB software etc. KB is plugged into a USB port alongside the PS2 port (USB 2.0). Mouse seems to work ok though - it is in the second USB port alongside the KB.

Any ideas appreciated.
Intel Core i7-4770K @ 4.4 GHz / EVGA GTX780 Superclocked / Corsair Vengeance DDR3-2400 MHz RAM 16GB / Asus Maximus Hero VI Motherboard / Corsair HX1050W PSU / Corsair H100i closed loop water cooler / LG Blu Ray DVD CD writer, Asus PB278 Monitor 2560x1440 / Logitech G110 KB / R.A.T. 5 Mouse, Samsung EVO 850 500 GB SSD / Samsung EVO 850 256GB SSD / Seagate 7200 RPM 2 TB HDD / Windows 10 Professional x64
2 REPLIES 2

Deepcuts
Level 10
MIght be the keyboard.
I have a Microsoft SideWInder X6 and nothing but problems.
Keyboard freeze, volume knob stuck, etc.
Maybe it is not from overclocking? Maybe your keyboard is just faulty?

PS: try to restart Human Interface Device Access service when you have problems and see if your keyboard comes back to life.

I just experienced this keyboard problem myself. I unplugged the USB KB and plugged it back in and it worked.