cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JW-4091H - Sound Desk Input/Output

Captain_Janeway
Level 7
Hi there

Looking at buying the above laptop for our Church, either that or an IdeaPad Y510p, depending on the outcome of further research.

No we don't do gaming in the Church (not yet anyway!!!!) however for the Easy Worship software we need a minimum of nVidia 750 graphics to support HD output to the screens which both of these laptops do AND excellent sound.

My main query is regarding the headphones output. Just looking at your boards tonight it seems there have been a few problems with hiss etc and this appears to be worse on low impedance 'phones as opposed to high. Is this to do with the amp??

All I need to know is will we get sound problems when we play/record to/from the sound desk??

Any other advice, most appreciated, especially if you have any info on the IdeaPad too!! Unfortunately the IdeaPad only comes in a 15" model.

Janeway
2 REPLIES 2

noone
Level 8
you don't want to use the onboard analogue audio, I'd use an external interface.

Captain_Janeway
Level 7
Interestingly enough, my own laptop (which we currently use for church) only has one headphone output so I bought a USB Behringer u-control box to plug inputs & outputs through. It works fine and is very compact. If that's the way to go, that's cool.

Thank you noone