cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability?

bombbuster
Level 7
Back on Jan 15th an article here on ROG claimed,"...ROG Swift PG278Q with G-Sync will be available in a couple of short months." (Complete article here)

A 'couple of months' officially passed as of March 15th. Any news on when the ROG Swift PG278Q with G-Sync will be available? I intend to build a system around this monitor and have all the other components lined up and ready.
14 REPLIES 14

Nate152

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Unfortunately the small print stated they were talking about months of a little known moon orbiting Jupiter (Themisto) so April is a bonus...could have been 9 earth months 😄

kkn
Level 14
the monitor will only take minidisplay port , and for multi setup ( if so is ) you need a card that have multi outputs ( minidisplay ports ) or several cards in sli/xfire.

kkn wrote:
the monitor will only take minidisplay port , and for multi setup ( if so is ) you need a card that have multi outputs ( minidisplay ports ) or several cards in sli/xfire.

Seeing as the only cards I can find with more than one displayport are quadro-type cards, not intended for gaming. This would sort of leave us with having to use more than one card in order to connect two or more of these monitors to a system. Now does anyone know exactly what would be needed for that? Just two separate cards, or do they have to be SLI-bridged or will it be through 3D-vision surround. Will G-sync be in effect on both monitors and so on.

In essence what specifically would be required to put two or three of these monitors into play in a true kick-ass gaming rig?

lellefot wrote:
Seeing as the only cards I can find with more than one displayport are quadro-type cards, not intended for gaming. This would sort of leave us with having to use more than one card in order to connect two or more of these monitors to a system. Now does anyone know exactly what would be needed for that? Just two separate cards, or do they have to be SLI-bridged or will it be through 3D-vision surround. Will G-sync be in effect on both monitors and so on.

In essence what specifically would be required to put two or three of these monitors into play in a true kick-ass gaming rig?

We will construct an FAQ closer to launch 🙂

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:

To MarshallR@ASUS: is there a better forum thread to subscribe too, to know when you guys are closer to launch on the ROG Swift PG278Q?

I would really like to know when i can send in my cash for one.

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:

To MarshallR@ASUS: is there a better forum thread to subscribe too, to know when you guys are closer to launch on the ROG Swift PG278Q?

I would really like to know when i can send in my cash for one.

Duuuuuuuude, come on. Seriously, dude. Dude.....

X-ROG
Level 15
We never stated a month with reason 😉 Since CES it's had some internal redesigns to improve reliability and will be closer to mid-year now. On the plus side it now runs reliably at the full 144Hz @ WQHD 24/7 (which is why we quoted 120+ before) as we're pushing the GSync chip to its absolute limits - we are quite literally overclocking your monitor! This is the unfortunately truth of being on the cusp of technology sorry - you just don't know all the variables and can only make estimates.