cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage IV Formula and memory OC issue...

vampire2k5
Level 7
RIVF and Memory Oc

Dear all,

I`m trying to overclock my memory but some strange think happens.
My rig

Rampage IV Formula bios 4802
CPU 3930k @ 4.4Ghz offset
Ram 32g Corsair Platinum 2133mhz 9-11-11-31 1T

After few min of normal work i restarted my system and i modified my memory frequency and timings in bios. From 2133 9-11-11-31 2133 i set @ 10-12-12-31 2T 2400mhz. My system booted without any problem.. i ran same memory test, 2 hours of prime and a bunch of hours of gaming.. then i shutdown my pc. After few hours i power up and what i got is a loop of restart..
So it seems to have some trouble to cold boot @ 2400 ... if i put it back to 2133.. use it for 5 min and try again with 2400 it works like a charm...

Any ideas?!? i tryied to rise vcssa/vdimm e vcore.. but i`ve got the same problem...

Thanks for your time!

VMP
14 REPLIES 14

Retired
Not applicable
are you keeping many of the settings on auto?

Like latency boundary, and other parameters, rampage tweak mode, and so on

If you use auto, you hand it over to the board, and many times the board doesn't know best settings..

especially when it comes to the mem tweaking..

WhitePaw wrote:
are you keeping many of the settings on auto?

Like latency boundary, and other parameters, rampage tweak mode, and so on

If you use auto, you hand it over to the board, and many times the board doesn't know best settings..

especially when it comes to the mem tweaking..

i tryied several manual settings but without success.. the strange think is that it has this issue only @ cold boot..
If i work for few min with my ram @ 2133.. than i set it to 2400 it works like a charm.. i can play.. do stree test.. bench even reboot.. without any problem. but if i shutdown my pc and i try to turn on after one hour @2400 it doesn`t boot anymore..

Any ideas? i also tryied rampage tweak 2 for compatibility... but nothing...

Retired
Not applicable
what do you mean with cold boot? extreme cooling? subzero?

skip the rampage tweaks.. auto

set the primary's> 10.12.12.31
Latency boundary> Further

keep you CPU_VTT and VCCSA 0,3v lower than your vcore

Increase the dram LLC slightly

Disable MRC fast boot (in the timing tweak tab), scroll down, disable additional swizzle

What is your vcore and dram voltage?

sorry.. for cold boot i mean first boot after few hours of system poweroff. Vcore offset 1.28 full load dram voltage 1.655 vcc and vtt 1.12v
I set up primary 10 12 12 31 2T .

Vamp

Retired
Not applicable
i dont know why your settings gets screwed up, after a system power down. no clue, you mobo battery seem to be fully working..

if you want to lower the voltages you can test>

vcore max peak in OS> 1,28v
cpu:vtt> .0.984v
VCCSA> 0,984v
dram> 1,65v

It really isnt that much of a change, so.. i believe your system will be able to run at those voltages, if you want to try..

Someone else may be able to help you with the lost of 2400mhz after a power down, it seems to be a setting thing tho..

Retired
Not applicable
btw, is you kit a 9.11.11 2133mhz 1,5v kit?

There are 1,65v kits out there also 9.11.11 2133mhz

the 1,65v kits wont run 2400mhz at 1,655v (or at least i believe they wont)

Retired
Not applicable
did a edit in post #6 about the voltages

no.. i don`t. My ram is rated @ 1.65v... the only thing that i don`t understand is why if i change my memory settings after using my pc for few min my ram works @ 2400 but if i try to boot with my ram @ 2400 after 1 hour it enter in reboot loop..
i thought that if my system does no support 2400mhz.. cos imc problem ram problem.. it never works at this specs..

Retired
Not applicable
if it were a 2133mhz 9.11.11 1,5v kit (16gb), the chance would be "major" that it would work to run at 2400mhz 10.12.12 at 1,65v (24/7)

But if it is rated at 1,65v i dont think the voltage is enough for 2400mhz i am affraid

You can run mem on under voltage for shorter periods..

Seem like it dont got enough juice to boot up, after a complete shutdown..

16gb often work to run at 2400mhz with 3930K, 32gb it wont