cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JW Keyboard problems

Wytebeard
Level 7
I bought G750JW about 5 months ago and the WSAD keys are worn out already. I use my laptop for gaming bout 3-4 hours a day on average, and upwards of 8+ hours when I'm on a break or on the weekends. My A and S keys are completely worn out and they are sticking down whenever i click on them. This occurred on my A key before my S key. I popped out my A key, and inspected the hinges and noticed nothing wrong with it. Then I further inspected the rubber piece that gets clicked down to send the signal, and noticed the rubber piece was ripped/broken. So when you pressed on the key, the rubber piece would get stuck in itself and not pop back up. I took y laptop in to a local computer shop and they tried super gluing the rubber piece so it wouldn't stick down. This worked fine for a few days, but it's still not back to normal. I was just wondering if anyone else had problems with the G750's keyboards. Considering these are so called "gaming" laptops, I would expected them to be a little more durable to gaming (such as repetitive use and slight mashing). My WSAD keys are used I would estimate 80% more than all of my other keys excluding the space bar. I am looking to replace my keyboard, which is $100 for the keyboard alone, and with installation probably another $20-$40 as these G750's aren't the typical pop in and out keyboards.
0 REPLIES 0