cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about the Intel Turbo Boost Technology Monitor 2.0

Wrstlr316
Level 7
I asked this same question over at toms hardware, but they don't seem to be as friendly over there as they are here...

Anyways, I know what it is, and what it does...

The question I have is does it need to run with start up for the technology itself, not the monitor program, to work ?

In my personal opinion I don't need a graph showing me what the computer is doing, but I wanted to make make sure that turning off the monitor wouldn't stop it from doing it, I honestly don't think it will, however I have seen stranger crap before.

UNLESS someone gives me a reason why I SHOULD leave it running at start up... LOL
Current Laptop: ASUS G74SX-BBK7 😄

Previous Laptop: ASUS G72GX-RBBX05 :mad:
(Still own it, but it has the annoying whitescreen flicker due to poor LCD cable placement problem)
2 REPLIES 2

dstrakele
Level 14
Turbo Boost technology will function fine without the Monitor 2.0 running. I don't use it.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

dstrakele wrote:
Turbo Boost technology will function fine without the Monitor 2.0 running. I don't use it.

Thank you, like I said I thought it would, but I ave seen stranger crap. LOL... J
Current Laptop: ASUS G74SX-BBK7 😄

Previous Laptop: ASUS G72GX-RBBX05 :mad:
(Still own it, but it has the annoying whitescreen flicker due to poor LCD cable placement problem)