cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch Pad not problem, it's charger.

Darnassus
Status Under Review
I believe the problem where people's track pad makes the mouse skip around is because of the charger. Something is wrong with it, there's a design flaw and somehow a small amount of the current is going through the laptop and you need to earth yourself to stop the current passing through the track pad to not distort your mouse movements. It's funny, sometimes it happens alone, but when it doesn't, I can replicate the issue by holding my iPhone while it's charging, then touch the mouse pad.

Just an FYI. I might be wrong.. though I feel quite certain the trackpad is fine, it's the charger causing the problem.
2 REPLIES 2

amitabhbansal
Level 7
Darnassus wrote:
I believe the problem where people's track pad makes the mouse skip around is because of the charger. Something is wrong with it, there's a design flaw and somehow a small amount of the current is going through the laptop and you need to earth yourself to stop the current passing through the track pad to not distort your mouse movements. It's funny, sometimes it happens alone, but when it doesn't, I can replicate the issue by holding my iPhone while it's charging, then touch the mouse pad.

Just an FYI. I might be wrong.. though I feel quite certain the trackpad is fine, it's the charger causing the problem.

You are absolutely right, instead of holding iPhone i just keep my left hand on the body of laptop and the trackpad work fine

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Yeah because the body/rest or plate allows the electricity a more "preferred path" through your palm and not through the trackpad. I don't think they've properly rigged the neutral or earth in the charger properly. Or the cords too thin.