cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My new pc.

Hoppy747x
Level 7
Hi everyone.
Sorry if this is repeated from another post, but i'm going to make a new pc.
I have the majority of the parts, but just want some advice.
The motherboard is Crosshair Formula Z.
I have the FX 9590 5.0 GHz Max Turbo cpu. Cooled a Corsair H100.
2x R9 290X's, a couple of 256GB SSD to run as RAID 0, with a 3TB HDD for storage.
The power supply is a Corsair AX 1200i.
The thing is, i've just picked up a Kingston 32GB DDR3 2133MHz XMP Beast Kit (4x8GB) for £176. and was thinking will the motherboard accept this amount or ram and run with it at just stock speed, straight out of the box? Or will I have to start playing with the BIOS settings just to get it to run?
Oh by the way it will be running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, if that's important or not?
Any answers will be very helpful.
Many thanks.
1 REPLY 1

Agente_Silva
Level 9
All seems fine... except for OS. Go for Windows 8.1 64 bit because it has a better multi core management 🙂 Oh, and make sure the version of Win 8.1 uses/detects all 32 GB of RAM. I know if you go Home Basic it will only detect 8 GB. Your board will surely accept that amount of RAM but it might, at stock configurations, set the RAM speed at lower frequency (but it will most surely throttle it to max when needed).

I own an MSI Z87 G43 and I set O.C Genie on making an excellent CPU/RAM management (thus improving greatly gaming performance).