cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair V Formula - Wake On LAN

Retired
Not applicable
Hi

I have been searching about how to enable WOL for my new Crosshair V Formula in BIOS, but i am not realy sure if i understand what i am supposed to enable.

If anyone could tell me how or maybe even show it with pictures from BIOS?

It would help me a lot, thanks in advance!

Sry for my English.

- Rolfern
5 REPLIES 5

X-E-Qt-R
Level 7
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDjjMO3az84

Watch this. I had same problem like you. Have the "ASUS Crosshair V Formula/ThunderBolt" and there is no ****ing simple information about the WOL for Crosshair V Formula. But the WOL is a Windows function I guess. You can Enable it on your BIOS it´s in the "Advanced ---> APM" menue the "ErP Rady" should be on "Disabled" then your Motherboard is ready for WOL. The rest is Windows configuration 😉 Hope you want to start your system from a Smartphone and not from another system. Because I was looking for Smartphone WOL ^^ This tutorial worked well for me. Now I can Turn on the PC even when I´m travelling by using Team Viewer. Full Control of the PC everywhere 😉

Good Luck 😉

OR this link...this helped me a lot since i didn't know what to enable/disable in bios...
MB = Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z info
CPU = AMD Fx-8350 Bios 2101info
RAM = Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB (2x8Gb) 2133 KHX21C11T3K2/16X info
GPU = Asus GTX 980 Matrix Platinum info
SSD = Kingston HyperX 3K 240Gb
HDD = WD 500Gb +WD 3x1TB(fzex)
PSU = Corsair AX760i info
CPU Cooler = Thermaltake Nic C4
Display = Sony KDL-32w706b info
Mouse = A4Tech Bloody Gun3 V7
Keyboard = SteelSeries APEX info

X-E-Qt-R wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDjjMO3az84

Watch this. I had same problem like you. Have the "ASUS Crosshair V Formula/ThunderBolt" and there is no ****ing simple information about the WOL for Crosshair V Formula. But the WOL is a Windows function I guess. You can Enable it on your BIOS it´s in the "Advanced ---> APM" menue the "ErP Rady" should be on "Disabled" then your Motherboard is ready for WOL. The rest is Windows configuration 😉 Hope you want to start your system from a Smartphone and not from another system. Because I was looking for Smartphone WOL ^^ This tutorial worked well for me. Now I can Turn on the PC even when I´m travelling by using Team Viewer. Full Control of the PC everywhere 😉

Good Luck 😉

This didn't work for me, I just updated to the latest BIOS too.

If I have my PC in sleep mode, WOL works. If I shut it down, it does not work. The activity lights on the NIC don't flash anymore when the PC is fully shut off. Is this normal or shouldn't there be a way for this to wake it up from a shutdown state?

Exceptions wrote:
This didn't work for me, I just updated to the latest BIOS too.

If I have my PC in sleep mode, WOL works. If I shut it down, it does not work. The activity lights on the NIC don't flash anymore when the PC is fully shut off. Is this normal or shouldn't there be a way for this to wake it up from a shutdown state?

lmao; this post makes me laugh.. WOL does not work when the computer is powered off... the computer is not running, the MO is shut off, there is no way it can wake it.
Sleep Mode puts the computer in a low power mode, MoBo is still powered and is possible to WOL.
WOL = WAKE on LAN... To wake something must be sleeping
WOL does not = POWER on Lan.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Have repped you X-EQt-R solid reply.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.