New ROGer Array

Rampage iv Formula Motherboard Temperature suddenly high

Hey,

I need some help, my motherboard's temp has jumped to ~120 C this temp appears in both the BIOS and probe II.
    It weird though because it only happened this morning when I booted the PC and it certainly doesn't feel that hot.
    It was fine last night when i was using it with no alert messages coming from the AI suite (which i installed just to watch my systems temps).
    the motherboard was sitting around 40C the last time i checked it (a couple of weeks ago).
    But what confuses me is i have the warning temperature set to 60C so why has it jumped all of a sudden?
    I mean this is the first time and its up at over 100C, I called support and they suggested re-applying thermal grease to the motherboard, Firstly I've never done taken heat sinks off a motherboard before are there any good guides out there? (please link them here) but that doesn't make sense if it was the thermal greases problem wouldn't i have seen a slower climb in temperature not an immediate jump?

I clean my pc every two months and its been fine since the last clean, I cleaned it again today with still no change in temperature

I have updated everything to do with my motherboard with no results.

To me its seems like a faulty sensor.

Here are some pictures of the bios screen:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1510566_678059425588398_1986491467_n.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	80.5 KB 
ID:	34764Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1958318_678059405588400_1421938062_n.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	72.2 KB 
ID:	34765

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Did you update your bios?

New ROGer Array

Thanks for the response

Yes I did update the bios to the most recent build as of Friday the 22nd of March.
    I re applied thermal grease as support suggested but only to the lower heatsink.
    The upper heatsink (the one above the CPU) that cools the mosfets has a kind of blu tac like substance between it and the mosfets and I didn't buy and replacements (I'm assuming this is a thermal "pad" of some sort from what I have found researching the internet, can anyone tell me what it is and what I should replace it with, what is it called? I want to buy some new stuff to replace it).

The temps after re applying the thermal grease are down to 90c an improvement but still really high.