cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Administrator needed....

Hard2Ki11
Level 7
I am no longer able to private message. Did I do something wrong? I wasnt spamming or anything I was asking technical help specifically for an Asus Rampage IV black edition motherboard. Please advise.
33 REPLIES 33

meankeys
Level 13
Hi Hard2kill
I dont think you did anything wrong. There has been some spammers using the PM system so the Admins suspended all pm's for new members till they reach 5 to 10 posts or something like that. I am looking for the posted message.

Welcome to ROG

meankeys
Level 13
Thanks Arne 🙂

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Top of the morning to you meankeys....I've been looking for news of your sub zero cooling and if you sorted your board? 🙂

5 days + 5 posts is the rule, I believe. Nothing we have against you. It's just the rules. Reply to this thread a few times in a row if you need to get your post count up. Oh, and go ahead and ask the question in a thread, so that everyone can answer it. It's best for all involved, since then others can help answer, or learn from the answers. 🙂
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

Zygomorphic wrote:
Oh, and go ahead and ask the question in a thread, so that everyone can answer it. It's best for all involved, since then others can help answer, or learn from the answers. 🙂

This is the preferred method when seeking help/assistance for the reasons Zygomorphic has stated. Making multiple posts just to enable PM privileges is not the way to go about this.

I have been able to get my system up and running but I am reaching a crossroads. Whenever I run a 3 way SLI using surround resolution of 5760x1080. I get occasional spikes of where the system freezes for like a second. I have anywhere between 75-112 fps running on Ultra on Battlefield 4 then drops to 1-12 fps for like a split second to a second. I have tested all the variables that I could think of. I used the DIP switches to test each individual card under non SLI mode but still using the surround off one card. All 3 cards which are evga gtx 780 ti superclocked version run well under ultra settings on surround 5760x1080. They only do about 45 fps for each card. Which even like that is still bearable. I even tried using 2 cards SLI to see if maybe a 3rd causing the issues but its the same exact thing. I have the perfoverlay.graph 1 activated and basically when it spikes down on the fps the graph shoots all the way to the top of the screen for that duration for both the GPU and CPU. I am not sure if its the motherboard or CPU. I purchased close to identical RAM from Corsair, similar power supply, same exact CPU, and similar motherboard. I have so far swapped out the RAM and power supply individually and both have had no effect. Next I will be swapping out the CPU. And final would be the motherboard itself. I have the Asus Rampage IV Black edition currently installed and purchased Asus Rampage IV Extreme as a alternate substitute to get a fair comparison. Any other suggestions?

Hard2Ki11
Level 7
Sorry about that. I didnt know. I have just been having such a frustrated issue and I have had experience with other forums that members get annoyed when asking questions because they assume I didnt try searching first.

Zka17
Level 16
Please, list your components in detail...