Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

use the bottom as physx and the top one in sli.
    you can choose whitch card you want to run physx in nvidia controll panel.
    you can even instal a 2XX and run that as physx if that was an option ( as long as its not bridged to the other cards ).

correct me on this if im mistaken.

ROG Guru: Diamond Belt Array Zka17's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperNeoSpide View Post
    Dear Zka17,

I'm pumping a lot of air through the system, on the moment air cooling still seems enough, with the brilliant air coolers on these cards....

Regards,
    SNS
    Indeed, those cards have a brilliant air-cooler on them! But I still think that they were not designed for too close installation of the cards... - but hey, if the temps are right for your needs, then all is OK...

Not 100% sure what board you have, but for 3-way SLI those are the correct PCIe slots? I mean, are the ones suggested by the manual?

I had 3- and 4-way SLI and CF setups only on the RIVE, CHVF-Z and MVE - there the soft SLI bridges were good enough...

Also, may I ask why do you need 3 or 4 cards in that system? You know that the scaling after 2-way SLI gets worse and worse - right?

Helium Chilled Array _ PC Specs
    _ PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G46VW
    MotherboardRampage IV Gene
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-3930K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (CMD32GX3M4A2133C9)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Matrix GTX 780 Ti
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX III
    MonitorASUS VG248QE with GSync mod
    Storage #1Plextor PX-M2 SSD 120GB
    Storage #2G.Skill Phoenix Blade 480GB PCIe SSD
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Seidon 240M
    CaseCooler Master HAF-X
    Power SupplySeasonic X-750
    Keyboard Corsair K90
    Mouse ROG Gladius
    Headset ROG Orion
    OS Windows 8.1 Update 1
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC66U

The rear metal shrouds are not hugely necessary so they can be removed if you want to run 3/4-way SLI without the extra gap. It's installed mostly for looks (people demand it).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	900x900px-LL-3ee002e2_obrzek2.jpeg 
Views:	4 
Size:	249.0 KB 
ID:	35253

Name:	900x900px-LL-34a29d33_obrzek4.jpeg 
Views:	1 
Size:	218.5 KB 
ID:	35254

ROG Member Array

Dear All,

I'm planning a nVidia 3+1 surround screen setup.

With the +1 as a ASUS VG278H for chatting, 3d-movies and 3d-games:
    http://www.asus.com/Monitors_Projectors/VG278H/

And for the 3, I am planning 3X ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q, for normal gaming:
    http://rog.asus.com/296652014/news/r...aming-monitor/

looking somthing like this:

Name:	4320x2560.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	111.6 KB 
ID:	35256

Now as the PG278q only works only from displayport, I need at least 3X GPU's to drive it, as they have a native resolution each of 2560x1440. And probably requiring that amount of processing power...

The fourth card will then be used for PhysX as suggested by [kkn] aswell, and for driving the VG278H screen.

Dear MarshallR@ASUS, I will look into removing the back plates... Do I loose my warranty then?

Dear Zka17, I havent run crazy benchmark apps on the machine yet, but for normal gaming so far, no overheating problems yet...

I'm very frustrated on the moment with my GPU purchase and are looking at swopping or replacing them with other cards...

My ASUS Motherboard and ASUS Vulcan Pro headsets are working perfectly though...!

Let me know what you think.

Best Regards,
    SNS

New ROGer Array

Hi,

I am having the exact same problem. the fans are hitting each other. I tried separating them manually by using rubber tips but the cards are getting heated up in 10 min of game play and system is getting shut down. Have you heard anything from Asus help Desk ?

Config:
    Asrock X79 Extreme11 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7-4960X 4.00 GHz
    Nzxt Krakan X 60 CPU Cooler
    G Skill F3 – 2400C10Q – 32GTX
    3x Asus GTX 780 Ti Direct CU II OC Graphics
    Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 1500W RSF00
    Cooler Master COSMOS II RC-1200-KKN1 Chassis

place a fan on the side door if you have that option so it blows air on to the cards.

superneospider.
    i can not guarantee if it will work.
    if you have a old card you can try it ( that way you dont have to buy and if it dont work sit there whit nothing that dont work )
    there mabye 2 that have done it on this page but i recomend to google some before trying it out first.

ROG Guru: Diamond Belt Array Zka17's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mavthegenius View Post
    Hi,

I am having the exact same problem. the fans are hitting each other. I tried separating them manually by using rubber tips but the cards are getting heated up in 10 min of game play and system is getting shut down.
    Yes, there is not enough room from correct airflow... beside pointing a fan on them, you could also try checking if the fans of all cards are set to run at higher speeds... - sync them in GPU Tweak or in whatever other application you're using...

The max is 2-way SLI with the original air-coolers... at least that's my opinion... - anything higher needs water-blocks...

ROG Member Array

Dear mavthegenius,

our local ASUS support was not very helpful. First they suggested putting in rubber spacers, which we know wont work. Secondly they said that long flexible SLI cables might help, but not willing to supply. Thirdly they said they not dealing directly with the public and not willing to accept a return, that I must contact the wholesalers. The Reseller/Wholesaler just responded that the card is not "faulty" and cannot be returned. So I'm currently a bit stuck with with physical oversized cards... Please let me know if you get any better help or a solution? I'm currently looking at the EVGA 780 Ti SC's that are within two slot widths...

Best Regards,
    SNS

PS. Make sure your fans are running, else you will run into cooling problems and overheating/damaging the cards....

Quote Originally Posted by mavthegenius View Post
    Hi,

I am having the exact same problem. the fans are hitting each other. I tried separating them manually by using rubber tips but the cards are getting heated up in 10 min of game play and system is getting shut down. Have you heard anything from Asus help Desk ?

Config:
    Asrock X79 Extreme11 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7-4960X 4.00 GHz
    Nzxt Krakan X 60 CPU Cooler
    G Skill F3 – 2400C10Q – 32GTX
    3x Asus GTX 780 Ti Direct CU II OC Graphics
    Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 1500W RSF00
    Cooler Master COSMOS II RC-1200-KKN1 Chassis
    Last edited by SuperNeoSpide; 04-04-2014 at 12:27 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast