problem in recovery progress!!!

moudy
Level 7
when i do recovery progress appear message:os deploy error

model:g73sw
8 REPLIES 8

dstrakele
Level 14
Hi moudy - More information is necessary ro help you with this issue.

1) What problem were you attempting to resolve with a recovery?
2) Did you attempt recovery from the ASUS HDD partition or the recovery DVD's you created?
3) Is the boot drive on your system an SDD or mechanical HDD?
4) What is the EXACT text of the error message you receive during the failed recovery? Are any error codes displayed?
5) Have you repartitioned the HDD and removed the ASUS partition?

I'm a user like you and not familiar with this issue, but I can imagine an OS Deployment Error may occur if the DVD disks are bad or they cannot be read during the recovery process. In that case, I would attempt recovery from the ASUS partition on the boot drive. This will not require the recovery DVD's. Hit F9 on POST and it will open the Factory Recovery partition. Follow the prompts.

If the answer to question #5 is YES, you're relegated to using the recovery DVD's or you could wipe everything and do a clean install with a Win 7 disc and use the driver collection in the Sticky thread in this forum.
http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?1150-G73-74-53-Series-Driver-and-Application-Reference

Before proceeding, I recommend you post more informatiion so other more experienced people on this forum can help you.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

moudy
Level 7
1) The windows become very slow.
2) Asus HDD partition.
3) the boot drive is mechanical HDD.
4) after 5 minute appear messege in white background ( ERROR ) & OS is DEPLOY ERROR and the old windows is corrupted
5) no, I didn't removed the ASUS partition, i used it three times but last time i used another windows 7 ultimate
thx very much

Thanks for the information. Was the Windows 7 Ultimate install successful?

moudy
Level 7
yes, but i need Recovery Progress.

moudy wrote:
yes, but i need Recovery Progress.

I'm thinking you need only the drivers in this thread: http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?1150-G73-74-53-Series-Driver-and-Application-Reference

Or from the ASUS Driver CD that comes with the system.

Is this correct?

A factory recovery from the ASUS partition reinstalls Windows 7 plus any drivers specific to your system. Now that you have installed Windows 7 Ultimate, you need only to install the correct drivers for your ASUS system. If you reattempt a recovery from the ASUS partition at this point, it will wipe out your current Windows 7 Ultimate installation to install the factory Windows 7 Premium Home version (and will likely fail, since you've already tried this several times with the Deploy Error).

JRd1st
Level 12
Are you saying that you successfully installed Win7 but you need help with the recovery discs? What do you need from the recovery discs?
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

Chastity
Level 10
The Recovery process is detecting your Ultimate install, and will not support that OS. You would need to remove the Ultimate first before Recovery will work. Or just download a Win 7 Home Premium ISO and do a clean install.
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]

Chastity@ASUS wrote:
The Recovery process is detecting your Ultimate install, and will not support that OS. You would need to remove the Ultimate first before Recovery will work. Or just download a Win 7 Home Premium ISO and do a clean install.

How can i remove the ultimate?