cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Graphics Card Issues

Robthedestroyer
Level 7
Just upgraded to an R9 280x but have come across a problem, this is happening in a few games (see below) the temps are not an issue and i have tried the latest/beta drivers with no changes... Sometimes it is there after 5 mins some times it takes an hour...34886
13 REPLIES 13

Zka17
Level 16
Sincerely, I have no idea what's wrong with that picture... I don't know how it should be...

I assume that the above picture is from a game - this Forum has a special section for gamers, maybe you can look there... maybe you just have to find the right driver/settings for your particular game...

no it moves around on the right side of the monitor, only happens in thief and sniper shost warrior... it changes shape and size... Ran furmark for a few hours and all was fine...

Robthedestroyer
Level 7
34887 - It does it in a few games when looking around... Cheers thou

Zka17
Level 16
Is it always there, in that position or it shows up in other places on the monitor too?
If it's always in that corner, it actually may be a monitor issue...

Zka17
Level 16
I see, then it's the graphics card... - most likely the driver...

You have said "Just upgraded to an R9 280x" - what was your previous card? Have you deleted the previous driver correctly? If you were using an Nvidia card before, you may need to completely re-install the whole OS...

Robthedestroyer
Level 7
i thought that so i formatted my machine and started again... still happens

Zka17
Level 16
Hm... are you OC'ing the 280X? Have you tried at stock settings?
Also, could you list your other components in that system?

Robthedestroyer
Level 7
All Std no overclocking:

Win 8.1 x64
Asus Crosshair V Formula Z
AMD FX 9370
Corsair AX860
8gb Corsair Vengance 2400 Ram
Corsair H80i
Asus R9 290X DC2 TOP
240gb Samsung 840 Pro

Its really strange cause Crysis 3 and COD are all fine......

Zka17
Level 16
2 things...
1.) 2400MHz is close to the upper limit for that platform... I would run memtest86+ just to be sure that they're stable enough...
2.) 8GB is the min limit for today's systems... maybe that particular game where you're seeing the problem would need more memory... - also, I would check the Virtual Memory settings and the free space available on that SSD...