cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help and info on upgrading to a sshd hybrid drive

Proner
Level 7
http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Solid-Hybrid-2-5-Inch-ST1000LM014/dp/B00B99JUBQ/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_t...

this is the ssd I think I can get and I need to know if it can work on my g750jw I think I need to know if my slot os sata pata

looks like a real good deal, is this a good price for a crappy drive? Or is is a good deal on a decent drive?
3 REPLIES 3

JustinWeq
Level 7
As far as i can tell that SSHD hybrid drive should be compatible, However you should buy it through the official amazon seller, that way you can return it if it does not work(It should though).

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
@Proner, hope it's okay I modified your title since I wouldn't consider these hybrid drives the same thing as a true SSD drive plus they may have different issues in the upgrade process.

Also, haven't checked too much into it myself, but just wanted to make sure you wanted to get the hybrid hard drive instead of a true SSD drive.

Not sure how much performance difference you would see between them, but it's something to discuss with others if you're interested.

Exaulted93
Level 7
It won't start up as fast as a real SSD, I have a hybrid as my secondary drive and it works great but there is definitely a pretty big performance difference between the two. I would consider that a decent deal I guess. It will work with your PC just fine though. I keep games like BF4 and Ghosts on my SSD for multiplayer but most everything else goes on my hybrid and still load fast.