cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bios not starting after few modifications.

Khalid
Level 7
Hi all. I just found myself in a very big problem.

Long story short : I cleaned both my hard disks completely (including the recovery partition). Then installed windows 7 on SDA then installed Ubuntu on SDB.

Since ubuntu would start automatically i changed the boot option in the bios so that it starts on the hard disk where my windows 7 is installed. Saved and exit, computer restarts and .... Nothing.

The bios is not even starting. I tried to launch it with the disk of windows, ubuntu or even grub but it wont even launch anything. I am only having a blank screen with only the power light on.

Please helllppp.
6 REPLIES 6

abvolt
Level 11
Welcome did you clear cmos & restart also please give us a list of you're rigs specs..
Current: MSI Xpower Gaming Titanium | 7700K | G Skill Ripjaws V 3000 16Gb | 960 EVO 500Gb | Intel 730 480Gb | Seasonic 1000 Platinum |
NZXT X62 | Acer XB270HU | EVGA 1080 ti FTW3

Secondary: R4BE | 4930K | G.SKILL 2400 16GB | Corsair AX 1500i
Intel 730 240GB + 480GB | EVGA GTX780 ti sli kpe | Custom H20

Zka17
Level 16
Yes, please share the details about your system... motherboard, CPU, cooling, PSU, VGA, memories, etc...
Also, please clarify what do you mean by "SDA" and "SDB"? Do you have two SSDs?

@Tokens210, I only found a thread where a few people had the same issue but no solution is given. They had sent their computers to a repair center and since i changed the HDs and removed windows 8 the support team told me that they may ask me to pay for the repairs.

Does anyone know what i can do?

Khalid
Level 7
hi again, @abvolt, its been hours now that am searching on the web how to clear my cmos and i just dont know. For the specs am not sure about them as i was not able to find them on asus website https://www.asus.com/ROG_ROG/G75VX/#support_Knowledge

@zka yes by sda i mean my first ssd and sdb => my second ssd.

I dont know the specs, but i believe the problem to be with the motherboard as it stopped launching just when i changed my boot priorities.

Tokens210
Level 10
heres a link to the notebook section, you may find something in there

http://rog.asus.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?146-G75-G55-amp-G46-Series-Notebooks
CoolerMaster HAF 932 Advanced/ Maximus VI Formula/ I7-4770K/Swiftech H320/ Corsair HX850/ G.Skill Trident X (2x8) 16gb 2400MHz/ 2x 840 EVO 120gb(Raid 0)/ WD 1TB HDD (Backup/Storage)/ EVGA GTX 1gb 560 TI/ Asus 12x bluray combo

Tokens210
Level 10
well the title of the thread is that bios wont start after a few changes, someone suggested you clear your bios and you said you didnt know how
the very first post on the notebook section is about a similar issue as you and in the first few lines he wrote

I can not get into bios on my G75VX......
I try to f2 but boots just Windows 8 ( fast boot and UEFI )
by resetting the bios (battery out wait 2 min, boot with ctrl home bios reset)

so i figured that there was how you reset it, as for the rest im unsure, dont own a laptop, thats why i also gave ya the link as you may get better results posting in a section that has multiple ppl with the same exact setup, hardware wise
CoolerMaster HAF 932 Advanced/ Maximus VI Formula/ I7-4770K/Swiftech H320/ Corsair HX850/ G.Skill Trident X (2x8) 16gb 2400MHz/ 2x 840 EVO 120gb(Raid 0)/ WD 1TB HDD (Backup/Storage)/ EVGA GTX 1gb 560 TI/ Asus 12x bluray combo