cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help a n00b out?

Bevchenko
Level 7
Hi all, I've just moved to Australia from the UK and thus had to leave my PC behind so I'm looking at acquiring a gaming laptop.

I'm mainly into my MMORPGs and will be playing GW2, WoW, and Elder Scrolls Online (hopefully).

I'm looking at the G750 series (hence the post in this thread), howeve,r I haven't a clue where to begin, or what the differences are apart from the letters!

My budget is $2,500 AUD. That's all I can give really.

Also I'm a bit cautious as to whether it will be ok with the Sydney heat and not overheat??

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Chenkz.
21 REPLIES 21

angrylemon
Level 10
Sydney heat should be alright, I live in Melbourne and we got 40+ degrees last summer (that is heat, not 20-30 degrees :p). The laptop was stable and cool throughout this heat. Most games will run at 60+ fps with these laptops and you should be able to find one somewhere under $2500 hopefully.

Bevchenko
Level 7
Thanks for the advice, angrylemon. No worries about the heat then yay!!

Are the Asus ROG G750JZ, G750JS and G750JM the latest models? They all seem the same :confused:

angrylemon
Level 10
Yep, they are the latest models. The graphics cards appear to be the only big difference.

Bevchenko
Level 7
I've noticed these are available at the end of the month, but I'm struggling to find many available for pre-order online (Australian sites).

What was the latest just before these three? as this may be a better option for me.

angrylemon
Level 10
JX, JW and JH were the ones before. You won't find them on Australian sites yet, Australia is always behind *sigh*

Bevchenko
Level 7
Unlikely to get one on the release date then 😕

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Never mind, I saw on your profile. If you're able to go into the City, you can find the best price for the JX in the City, near the Queen Victorian Building. A shop called 'Online Computers'.

http://www.onlinecomputer.com.au/product_info.php?products_id=11657

When you buy it, you have 7 days to check for any problems and give it back for an exchange.

Sadly it doesn't come with the bag. But it does come with Assassin's Creed 4 for lols. ;d

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Don't bother with the latest. You can overclock your GPU to the near if not same performance as the new ones. If I was you I'd get a JX. ;d

Where abouts in Australia are you? Sydney?

Bevchenko
Level 7
Brilliant thank you, JX looking like the option then, will most likely buy tomorrow.