Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

R4BE 00 Bootloop (RMA Time?)

Hey guys, so i've been trying to troubleshoot this issue for some days now.
    First things first...
    Rampage IV Black Edition
    G.Skill Trident X 4x8GB Quad Channel 2400 CL10 Kit
    Reference Powercolor 290x
    Antec HCP-1300 Platinum
    Samsung EVO 250GB
    Aquero 6 Pro

That's the bare minimum i've stripped my board down to for testing. I have other HDD's too & another 290x too. I've also tried running memtest86+ without even the EVO connected.

When i pull the cmos battery or sometimes even just holding the clr cmos button for a few seconds, i can get into bios. I'm also able to get into windows for 10-20 minutes with Optimized Defaults. If i run any kind of stress tests i usually get about 10 minutes before it powers down to the 00 bootloop.

As per Raja's advice i've tried changing the ocp to 180% and running 1333Mhz. But still same issue.

I had the EK FB Kit & Ram Blocks hooked up, but tonight i finally broke everything down and returned the board to stock. The only block on my board now is my EK Supremacy. Im 100% positive there is absolutely no type of water damage to the board. I do all my leaktesting off an external power brick with nothing important powered on.

Tonight i've finally gotten around to running memtest with nothing but my keyboard and the memtest usb drive connected to the rear io. Also no drives connected. I've tested every stick i have in dimm A1@1333 with & without ocp 180%, i get no errors, but my board powers down to 00 bootloop before the test gets to finish. I feel like i've troubleshooted every issue i can to rule out the motherboard. I even bought a new PSU to test with. I have no other LGA2011 board to try the CPU in.

Is there anything else i can do to rule out the motherboard? I've had to piece together my build slowly, so my Newegg 30day warranty is expired. I'd really love for this to have another explanation so i don't have to be without my motherboard for a long time, but can't imagine what else could be causing it

ROG 師傅 Array Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Laptop?...No way! (Model?...Jun Amaki...yes way!)
    MotherboardROG ZENITH EXTREME
    ProcessorTHREADRIPPER 1920X
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14Q-32GVK
    Graphics Card #1GTX Titan X
    Graphics Card #2SLI is dead to me
    Graphics Card #3Tri SLI is even dead to Nvidia
    Graphics Card #4Quad SLI is dead to everybody especially my credit card
    Sound CardXonar Essence STX
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 950 PRO
    Storage #22x OCZ VERTEX 3/2x WD Caviar Black 500GB / 2x WD RED 2TB
    CPU CoolerCustom Loop: Dual D5s, Dual Alphacool Monsta 480s, XSPC Raystorm Neo TR4, EK TitanX WaterBlock
    CaseNope!...Phobya Bench...let it all hang out man!
    Power SupplySeasonic SS-1200XP3
    Keyboard Logitech G810 or Fender Rhodes Electric Piano (MKI 73)
    Mouse G502 or Speedy Gonzalez...not Mickey...don't do Disney!
    Headset ...firmly on neck
    Mouse Pad Mouse don't got his own pad man...lives with me
    Headset/Speakers Edifier Spinnaker...or you mean the speakers in my head...man too many voices to name them all
    OS Win XP, 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 Spyware Edition
    Network Router56k modem
    Accessory #1 Umm...nice tie?
    Accessory #2 Err...belt?
    Accessory #3 3 accessories?! I'm not a girl!!

As is often the case, it comes down to a question of board or CPU...and in the end you have to substitute one of them to be sure...

Been away from my rig for a few days but got it running this morning and the IO is stone cold...like no warmth at all here by the way despite the heat sink surround...

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

RMA the board. There are enough of these popping up for this to be classified as a known issue.
    Motherboard: RIVE (3602 bios)
    CPU: Intel 3930K @4646MHz
    OS Drive: 2 X Samsung 840 PRO (Raid 0)
    Storage Drive: 2 X 1.5TB WD Caviar Black RAID 0, 2 X 3TB WD Caviar Red, Kingston V100 256GB SSD
    Memory: 64GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z (F3-12800CL10Q2-64GBZL)
    GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX580 @795MHz - 1536MB GDDR5
    PSU: OCZ ZX1250
    Cooling: Phantek PH-TC14PE

ROG Enthusiast Array

Anybody know an estimated turnaround time with an ROG Motherboard RMA? I have no problems taking pics and all that to make the process go smooth. It'll be a USA RMA. Does Asus offer cross-shipping if you're willing to give a CC number for insurance?

I'm sure it's possible it's the CPU, but i have no way to tell for sure. And the amount of threads i found with the same or similar issue, plus some of the oddities of it, make me think it's the mobo. I did my best to rule everything else out.

New ROGer Array

Just an update for anybody else reading this thread to diagnose for themselves....

I grabbed a used Asrock Extreme6/GB for a real good deal to hold me over during RMA. So far i've just got my Ram installed and EK Supremacy mounted, along with my SSD. I loaded the XMP Profile for my Trident X 2400 CL10 Quad Channel Kit and am currently 30% through memtest86+. I'm already far past what my RIVE BE was letting me do before powering off to 00 bootloop. I'll update more in the next day or 2 after i have time to reinstall windows with the Asrock drivers.

It's definitely looking like it's a mobo issue tho.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Sorry for the dbl username confusion. I accidentally created [PoE] when i registered my motherboard. Chrome auto-logged me in from when i was filing my RMA ticket.

Update: An hour and a half into memtest. 66% through the first pass so far. No problems to speak of. Obviously i haven't "tested" the cpu yet, but my BE was shutting off 10-15min into memtest. So it definitely doesn't seem like a cpu issue so far. Or a memory issue. =)

Update: First test passed 0 errors. The VRM's are maxing around 45C and the Monarch Heatsinks (No Blocks Attached) are maxing around 40C (IR Gun). I think it should be safe enough to leave it running while i get some sleep.

Thanx again to Arne and Raja for helping me troubleshoot this issue. I'm happy i rma'd the board and not the processor. I also never really tested this ramkit before putting it under water, so it's good that i'm getting a chance to give it a thorough test on XMP profile now.
    Last edited by kpoeticg; 04-30-2014 at 01:30 PM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Hope your new board is sorted without issue, had a similar experience a few weeks back with code00 boot loop had to have the motherboard and CPU replaced by my supplier, unfortunately my new CPU is a poor ocer running it at 4200mhz @ 1.312v is the lowest i can get it. Kind of wondering if there is some issue with my psu??perhaps caused my motherboard and cpu to die prematurely?
    4930k/Corsair H110i GT: Rampage IV Black ED motherboard: Gskill 4x4GB 2133MHZ 10 11 11 30 1T: CM V1200w Platinum psu: 2x EVGA GTX980Ti SC ACX++: SoundBlaster Zx: Logitech Z906 5.1-channel speaker system: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD: 1tb WD Black HD/512GB WD Black HD: Asus Swift 144HZ 3D 2560x1440 Display: QNIX QX2710 Evolution II 2560x1440 matte PLS display: Corsair Vengence K70 mechanical keyboard: Corsair M45 mouse: Thermaltake Core V71 full tower Case: Windows 10 64bit

New ROGer Array

I'm hoping everything goes smoothly too. I overnighted it to them last week, still waiting for a confirmation email that they received it.

Also, like i said before i grabbed a used Asrock Extreme6/GB to hold me over in the meantime. My CPU/GPU's/Memory/PSU are all perfectly stable. It was the board without a doubt. I got my 24/7 clock at 4.5GHz 1.2VCore with my 4x8GB Trident X CL10 2400 Kit running on XMP.

It passes realbench stress tests without breaking a sweat.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Ughhhhh, that 2nd nick is driving me nuts. I need to clear that out of chrome. I wish when i registered my board that i realized i was gonna be creating a new forum nick.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Just an update for anybody that's been following this. I got a new board back from RMA this morning. I was expecting a repair, but i got a BNIB board complete with accessories & AC IV.

I've heard alot of warnings and horror stories about the rma process but it was painless and much quicker than i expected. Everything's working great so far.

Props to Asus for handling this quick for me and without hassle

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast