cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair V Formula Z "Asus Utilities" Discussion specifically AI Suite II

dawscaus
Level 7
I am trying to get some background on AI Suite II and the other Asus Utilities that are availble for download on the support page for the Crosshair V Formula Z page. I want to know if I should be using any of them, Has anyone used these programs and can recommend there use? I put a list of a few of the utilities below.

ASUS AI Suite II
ASUS Ai Charger+
ASUS Update(EZ Update)
ASUS DIGI+ Power Control
ASUS EPU
ASUS Fan Xpert
ASUS My Logo
ASUS Probe II
ASUS System Information
ASUS TurboV EVO
ASUS USB 3.0 Boost
ASUS USB BIOS Flashback
ROG GameFirst II
ASUS PC Diagnostics
ASUS Boot Setting
ASUS WebStorage
ASUS ROG Connect Plus

...... and any others I may have missed.

also as far as AI Suite goes I know there is an AI Suite III out. Does AI Suite III work for the Crosshair V Formula Z as well?
4 REPLIES 4

Dr__Zchivago
Level 12
I don't use any of it; I OC in BIOS, use fan profiles in BIOS, and I used MyLogo just long enough to replace the ASUS splash image with a full screen white/black/red Challenger to complement my case.

Z

McPhailboat
Level 9
I have most of them, but am more or less only interested in the Fan Xpert program to be updated.
It doesn't work properly with the 3 Opt_fans, in fact it doesn't even show them except if you go to the Probe II.
And even there, if the RPMs are below a certain value (I think, 6-700rpm) it won't even show up!

I can set the bios settings to a min. of 40% fan speed but that's kind of lame when you want the fans to follow the temperatures from the probes next to the Opt_fans.

It would be nice if they updated some of the software for this board.
RIG:
Asus Crosshair Dark Hero VIII
AMD Ryzen 3900x
AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER WATERFORCE WB 8G (GV-N208SAORUS WB-8GC)
Custom Loop
G.Skill Trident Z RGB, DDR4, 64 GB, 3600MHz, CL17 (F4-3600C17Q-64GTZR)
2x Samsung 970 NVME drives
Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 1200w
Fractal Design Meshify 2
AI suite fan control

madcratebuilder
Level 10
No "Asus Utilities" here. All cooling (h2o&o2) are controlled with Aqua Suite and a AQ 6 Pro with assistance from HWInfo64. OC from BIOS only. I would like to play around with the asus utils but I have read to many negative reports on compatibility issues plus they can be very difficult to completely remove from your system.
Speedbird 9590@5.1/CHVFZ/8gb G Skill@2133/ASUS R9-280X all on EK blocks controlled with Aquaero 6 Pro

Goonybird 8350@4.6/GA990FXAUD3/16gb Corsair@1600/Crossfired Sapphire 7990's cooled with CM 240L XSPC res

This thing increased my boot time at least 200-300%.
Some of the utilities are awesome, but no matter what I do, it always starts with log in and slows me down. I've tried msconfig and even downloading a microsoft start up manager, but somehow this thing manages to by pass all that and slow me right the f*ck down. In fact sometimes it will cause a 30 second black screen on log on... 30 seconds! my entire boot up was less than 20 including many start up programs and net connection. Not worth the downtime.
ALSO MOST IMPORTANTLY is the fan Xpert. The most useless waste of time ever. It only allows control over 2 sections of fans. You can control all the CPU fans at once (but not individually) or all case fans at once(but not individually), all 5 case fans at once... but not individually. Seriously, I'm not making this up. It is a programs that is nothing more than a quick window to the bios set up. It's mildly more adjustable, but it's mostly an illusion as it won't let you actually vary much from what the bios presets are.
There is no ability to link GPU controls either.
Do yourself a favor, DON'T INSTALL this 'utility.' Buy a remote fan controller and call it done.
VERY DISSAPOINTING. Fan Xpert by the Republic of 'gamers'? Embarassing.