Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Arne Saknussemm View Post
    Pretty much the CPU OC and RAM are independent. If you stick to base-clock 100 and use multiplier to OC then you will not have to touch RAM settings. You would just set up your RAM at XMP settings....and then change multi to 45 and off you go.

If you start changing the base-clock using straps like 125 etc. then you start affecting bus speeds for RAM and PCIe but there should be no need to do that unless you want to...

Technically higher frequency RAM puts more strain on the CPUs memory controller (IMC) and running higher frequency RAM might mean you limit your OC but I have not really seen that with that platform... the IMCs seem strong.
    Got it now great stuff mate

Anyone have an opinion regarding what fan controller to buy I will have a total of 8 fans what is the best way to go just piggyback them in a 30W channel like 2 per channel and go with a 4 channel controller or get a 8 channel one? keep in mind the case that I am using needs to be black or mesh in worst case scenario and without display since the case is not horizontal on the 5.25 inch bays.
    Last edited by Nu No; 03-27-2014 at 11:17 AM.

ROG Guru: Diamond Belt Array Zka17's Avatar

The number of channels you have to choose by how would you like to control the fans... if you want them controlled individually, then you need as many channels as many fans you have... but if you want some fans to work synchronized, then you can connect those on a single channel...

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Zka17 View Post
    The number of channels you have to choose by how would you like to control the fans... if you want them controlled individually, then you need as many channels as many fans you have... but if you want some fans to work synchronized, then you can connect those on a single channel...
    Hi mate,

I would not mind all fans to run at the same speed so I guess I will get some 3 pin Y-Splitter and get 2 per channel just need to get a fan controller that gives me around 30 W per channel.

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array Antronman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nu No View Post
    Hi mate,

I would not mind all fans to run at the same speed so I guess I will get some 3 pin Y-Splitter and get 2 per channel just need to get a fan controller that gives me around 30 W per channel.
    You don't even have to have a fan controller, but it's nice.
    I would grab PWM fans, and an NZXT Sentry Mix 2.
    Say hi to the next generation.

Peace is a lie, there is only Passion
    Through passion, I gain strength
    Through strength, I gain victory
    Through victory, my chains are broken
    The Republic of Gamers shall free me

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Antronman View Post
    You don't even have to have a fan controller, but it's nice.
    I would grab PWM fans, and an NZXT Sentry Mix 2.
    Looks great unfortunately my case is not horizontal oriented in the bays so it would look kinda bad the numbers maybe it is just me being picky dunno :X

Edit: How do you guys feel about the corsair Link? Do you know if it is possible to piggyback in it? What is the Watts per channel?
    Last edited by Nu No; 03-27-2014 at 01:35 PM.

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array Antronman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nu No View Post
    Looks great unfortunately my case is not horizontal oriented in the bays so it would look kinda bad the numbers maybe it is just me being picky dunno :X

Edit: How do you guys feel about the corsair Link? Do you know if it is possible to piggyback in it? What is the Watts per channel?
    Naw. Software isn't as easy to use. And people are always finding incompatibilities and bugs.
    Say hi to the next generation.

Peace is a lie, there is only Passion
    Through passion, I gain strength
    Through strength, I gain victory
    Through victory, my chains are broken
    The Republic of Gamers shall free me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2