cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G74SX screen issue (NOT SOLVED)

Retired
Not applicable
My screen struggle's to transtion the different tone's of black. So every picture, menu and game which got "transitions" from bright to dark vise versa just look horrible.. Like instead of a smooth transition, i can see the lines of different graytones within the transition .. wow this is hard to explain :S but i hope you get the idea and can try and help me sort this out :S

Edit: Here's a picture of the issue I'm having, and no, this picture did not look like this a week ago:
73 REPLIES 73

dstrakele
Level 14
I'm not sure if this is configuration or display driver related.

Right click on your display and choose "Screen Resolution" from the popup menu. Then click on "Advanced Settings" in the resulting Dialog. In the Monitor tab of Generic PnP and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M Properties, confirm "True Color (32-bit)". In the Color Management tab, click the "Color Management" button to bring up the "Color Management" Dialog. Select the Advanced tab. Are you currently running the system default settings for all items?

Here is a link that offers other suggestions about this problem: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/poor-graphics-display-ati-radeon...
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Retired
Not applicable
Yes, they're all default. I did all the other things you suggested too, but the problem is still there 😕 Also, I have a Nvidia card, not AMD. I'm going to try do downgrade graphic driver now

grungeboy2
Level 10
if that's a driver issue, then it's one i've never seen.

what driver are you using?

That might be a color management thing, for sure. I'm into digital photography and I know exactly what he's talking about. It could also be whatever app he's using to look at these images/vids. But I don't think it's the screen itself.

@Naits - what are you looking at and what app are you using when you see these artifacts? Have you looked at a shades of gray chart like this one http://sunedonath.de/misc/shades_of_gray.png
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

Retired
Not applicable
My card: GTX 560M. I've literally tried every nvida driver compatible with my graphic card now.. Right now, I'm using the driver nvidia just released to increase performance on Battlefield 3 Beta. @JRd1st: The pictures on my desktop, the background picture for google search in google chrome (which is a black screen with a ROG symbol on the right side which is bright, so i can clearly see the different gradients of black, instead of a smooth transition) And this is really wierd: I looked at the gray chart you linked, and there it is really smooth!

Naits wrote:
I looked at the gray chart you linked, and there it is really smooth!

That proves it isn't the screen, at least. And I think you can stop messing with nVidia drivers. It isn't that.

I'm using an external monitor, right now. Let me switch and see what I can find. . . .

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor

Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

dstrakele
Level 14
I believe the issue occurs ONLY on transitions from one image to another, JRd1st. Is that correct, Naits? The fact it occurs on Desktop wallpaper transitions indicates it is not associated with a specific program. I wonder if it is some sort of Aero issue?

Do you still get Aero "glass" (i.e. transparent taskbar) when you experience this issue? Alternatively you may have entered hyperspace through a wormhole and are observing display updates that are taking place in milliseconds... ;>{)>
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

dstrakele wrote:
I believe the issue occurs ONLY on transitions from one image to another, JRd1st. Is that correct, Naits? The fact it occurs on Desktop wallpaper transitions indicates it is not associated with a specific program. I wonder if it is some sort of Aero issue?

He says it's in the transition between different tones of black in his OP.

@Naits - in ControlPanel >> Color Management >> Advanced what are your Device Profile and Viewing Conditions Profile?

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor

Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

Retired
Not applicable
Device: Generic PnP screen - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M

Profile: sRBG display profile with display hardware config data derived from calibration (standar) Name: CalibratedDisplayProfile-1.icc

Is this what you mean? 🙂