cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No longer listed at NewEgg - Discontinued?

EnderDragoon
Level 7
I recently purchased several of these RAIDR cards with the intent to build several flight simulators (I literally need a few hundred of these) running these HDDs but I might have to change to typical SATA SSDs now. Does Asus have plans to produce more of these?
7 REPLIES 7

Nate152

X-ROG
Level 15
They will definitely be in production until year end. It's only out of stock not discontinued. Should be back soon - maybe you can poke Newegg and ask 🙂 I'm sure if you say you've got a big order they'll fall over themselves to help 😉
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820785002

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
They will definitely be in production until year end. It's only out of stock not discontinued. Should be back soon - maybe you can poke Newegg and ask 🙂 I'm sure if you say you've got a big order they'll fall over themselves to help 😉
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820785002

I contacted NewEgg and ROG and told them about the situation. No one replied to me except the ROG facebook people over messaging. Sure enough the item pops back up on NewEgg. For the past week or so if you did a search for "RAIDR" on NewEgg.com or NewEggBusiness.com it would tell you no items were found but here's a bunch of Tomb Raider video games. I think I stirred up the electronic soup enough for them to re-post it. Other items I've bought them out of usually go to out of stock until its back. I think they only remove something that they believe is discontinued. After all they only had 5 RAIDR's in stock when I bought them all. Now if I could just get ROG to fix the Direct Key BIOS setting I would be 100% happy with ROG hardware 😉

Are there plans for larger capacities?

X-ROG
Level 15
Not in this generation.

AnipsDK
Level 7
So you are saying there will be a new generation of the raidr card?

X-ROG
Level 15
Under evaluation. No commitment to a future product yet.