cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RlVBE - Manual XMP Set-Up (?)s

liquidfluidity
Level 7
Finally finished this build and am running pretty much at stock settings. I would like to get my ram up and running at speed but would like to set it up manually instead of just hitting XMP. I'm trying to keep voltage as lean as possible but without sacrificing stability. I have a 3930k and a 4x4Gb kit of GSkill Ripjaw Zs 2133Mhz(boots at 1600Mhz). I have manually set the ram timings to spec but I see that JDEC lists them differently than what's listed on the ram. Do I use what's labeled or what JDEC says for 2133Mhz? The only other thing I have changed is VCCSA, which I set to 1.1v. Is there anything else I should look to change before I set the ram speed to 2133Mhz? Please link me if there is a post that already covers what I'm asking. I have just finished pouring over pages after pages amd I haven't quite found what I needed. Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
If you want to set up manually just input the timings on the label on the sticks themselves (primary timings) and leave the rest on auto set frequency and set Vdimm to whatever is rated...1.5v I presume....VCCSA at 1.1 is good maybe VTT to the same? You can try to reduce these two a bit more until you find instability and then back up a bit...1.025 1.05 1.075 values...

Thanks and done. Seems to be running fine. I'm gonna run Memtest for a while before I try to lower the voltage.

Any particular reason that JDEC shows different timings?

Gunslinger
Level 7
JDEC will show the industry DDR3 "standard" timings and speeds (think no OC) - which are much lower than what XMP will be (manuf. rated speed and timings)

liquidfluidity
Level 7
Thanks guys. All seems good after 6 hours of memtest86. As for VTT - by watching it in "auto" I'm going to assume that the stock setting is 1.05v. It seems to bounce around 1.05v to 1.07v when under auto. I just set it to 1.05v. What about the second VTT? I have just left it on auto. Should I go ahead and set it the same as the first VTT?

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Sounds good...I have always left that on auto...I must admit...