cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 64 bit Ultimate install SSD

laptopbroken1
Level 7
Hi guys,

For days been trying to do this. the cd rom does not work so this is an issue. But got a 64 gb flash drive as I cannot clone this to ssd. Funny thing is I just did the same laptop well same model a week ago with Samsung clone utility "acronis" and all is well on that laptop. As for mine now the original 750gb wont boot either any ideas? Windows 64 bit Ultimate install SSD fully legal edition am stumped!
10 REPLIES 10

laptopbroken1
Level 7
Anyone know why my clean install does not boot Locks up??? Please any answers here as I am getting desperate.
I've reinstalled my os on my p6t-Deluxe literally 20 times it takes me no time this laptop is like a curse!

loonie01
Level 7
I believe it has to do with a bios setting. Since windows 8 key is stored there. Try going here
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?28758-GUIDE-G55-G75-Upgrade-Notes&country=&status=

Clintlgm
Level 14
You shouldn't have any problem at all installing win 7, if your NB originally had Win 8 then you'll have to turn off secure boot and enable CSM in your BIOS, Insure your booting to a UEFI USB Install media. All the info is here
If you want to clone to your new SSD I suggest you use Macrium Reflect many have succeeded cloning there 750 HD to 256 SSD
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Thanks for the reply. I got it. It was the windows drivers. Install was looping and I let it run in safe mode with command PROMPT!
where it stopped had to do with Intels chipset software. Anyway installed 64 bit ultimate from USB stick and the drivers from another USB stick and now all of the other drivers... it screams now. Running from ssd. Only thing is old hdd is now shot or somewhat not working.
Running from SSD. I wsh the DVD burner wasn't broken kind of makes everything a pain in the butt.

I don't know USB is much faster than DVD for installs, a replacement DVD cost very little on ebay. Since your up and running why don't you use diskpart to Clean, convert to GPT and reformat your old 750gb HD unless its defective that should get going again.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

I got the old 750 working again! And well a weird thing happened. I was doing windows updates and it booted from the old drive and it worked also albeit much slower than the ssd. BTW Swapped out the micron SSD Now into my desktop and put a Samsung ssd in there it works the micron does not even with the newest firmware. So
I fixed the boot order removed the 750 from boot and up and blazing fast again. I am going to try to get a on sale 1 or 2TB 7200rpm HDD as 5400 or 4200 whatever it is in the laptop does not even come close to a high performance laptop drive, its crap.
Its beyond me why they would put it there in the first place, as it has no place in this notebook. It will always be the bottleneck. BTW the SSD is insanely fast Samsung 840 Pro what a difference and with a clean install of ultimate 7 its the perfect portable for me now.

Welcome too the Club, mine came that way less the ultimate. Yep SSD are the most significant upgrade ever. They have been around for awhile but it seems in the last couple of years there becoming affordable and stable enough for the general public. In the last year there getting big too Samsung has a 1 TB out I think now.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Thanks yeah the 1tb are way too expensive still though :>(

yes, but they'll come down more quickly than the 256 gb and smaller ones did. And there harder to justify since the OS benefits the most, and loading huge CAD or similar files, most data files and even program files are small enough while you do notice a difference it not that significant. especially if your comparing a with a 7200 or 10000 rpm hard drive.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro