cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the G74SX-BBK7 work for me?

Retired
Not applicable
I'm not a big fps gamer unless it is something like borderlands, or mass effect. I'll be playing a lot of diablo 3 and torchlight 2. Will the gimped gpu do ok for me if I don't mind playing at 1600X900? Thanks
12 REPLIES 12

Kipper
Level 10
Several members here have the BB version and don't seem to be having any problems to speak of.

Wrstlr316
Level 7
I don't know about those games per-say but i do know I run Borderlands without any problems, and RIFT, WoW, BF3, CoD: BO and many others at Ultra settings and haven't had a single problem yet, so I would think those would do fine, but I can't say with 100% certainty.
Current Laptop: ASUS G74SX-BBK7 😄

Previous Laptop: ASUS G72GX-RBBX05 :mad:
(Still own it, but it has the annoying whitescreen flicker due to poor LCD cable placement problem)

jdp568
Level 7
I have had my G74 BBK7 for 2 months now.I had a Gateway 78FX before my G74. Plays homefront flawlessly on high settings.I have installed the NVIDIA 280 drivers.so far all my games(especially Steam Based) play perfect.
Current Computer : ASUS G74 BBK7 /GTX 560 M
Previous Computer: Gateway P78 FX /GEFORCE 9800M GTX

My other laptop barely played Crysis,this one smokes it off with no problem at all.
Current Computer : ASUS G74 BBK7 /GTX 560 M
Previous Computer: Gateway P78 FX /GEFORCE 9800M GTX

Retired
Not applicable
Thanks for the replies. Definitely leaning toward this one.

DON'T BUY ONE TILL THEY GET THE KEYPAD NUMPAD FIXED! Your games and any mapped macros will not work properly.

If I can stop one person from getting this broke laptop I will be happy.

G74sxpoo wrote:
DON'T BUY ONE TILL THEY GET THE KEYPAD NUMPAD FIXED! Your games and any mapped macros will not work properly.

Have you tried updating the BIOS to 202 and using the .10 ATK Keyboard pack ?
Current Laptop: ASUS G74SX-BBK7 😄

Previous Laptop: ASUS G72GX-RBBX05 :mad:
(Still own it, but it has the annoying whitescreen flicker due to poor LCD cable placement problem)

Retired
Not applicable
G74sxpoo wrote:

Really? What is causing that issue? Is it one all G7 computers or just the BB one?

As far as I know, it's all G74's. It's caused by someone having a bright idea and someone else not saying "Uh ohhhh......."

It's been partially fixed by BIOS 202 and ATK 1.0.0010, and another BIOS update is reportedly in the works.

This problem isn't a big deal unless you're one of those people to whom a numlock key is important. Personally, I wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't read about the problem here, because I rarely use the numpad.
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com