ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array kb0sdq's Avatar

Question: G750JHA & Headsets

Howdy folks,
    Just a quick question
    I am using Logitech H800 wireless headset they have the little transmitter that plugs into the usb port.
    My question is, The lap top has improved headset amp for improved gaming sound ( this is what it says: ASUS SonicMaster technology and boosted headphone output enhance audio experience) by using the headset jacks on the right side of the machine so if I am using this wireless deal is it a loss I mean the headset sounds good also they have Bluetooth so I can answer the phone with them.
    Also does the Maxx audio affect the headset output? Should I invest in a set of wired headset?
    Thanks in advance,
    Happy ROG_n
    Doug

ROG Guru: Platinum Belt Array hmscott PC Specs
    hmscott PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G750JH-DB71 (legacy)
    MotherboardAsus G750JH Intel HM87
    ProcessorIntel i7-4700HQ XTU Cores 36x/35x/34x/34x Cache 36x -50mV undervolt
    Memory (part number)Hyundai Electronics HMT41GS6AFR8A-PB 1.35v DDR3L-1600MHz
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia 780m Asus GPU Tweak OC 932mhz/6300mhz
    Sound CardRealtek v6.0.1.7469 driver
    MonitorAUO B173HW02 V1 Custom Refresh 85hz
    Storage #1RAID0 2x M.2 SATA Crucial MX200 512GB CT500MX200SSD6
    Storage #2Crucial 512GB 2.5" MX200 CT500MX200SSD1
    Power Supply230w AC Power Adapter 19.5v
    Keyboard Logitech k400 Wireless KB/Trackpad
    Headset Sony MDR-XB500 Wired and Sennheiser RS-220 Wireless TOSLINK
    OS Windows 8.1 + 8 Linux VM's + Windows 10 Technical Preview
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68U DLINK DIR-655

Quote Originally Posted by kb0sdq View Post
    Howdy folks,
    Just a quick question
    I am using Logitech H800 wireless headset they have the little transmitter that plugs into the usb port.
    My question is, The lap top has improved headset amp for improved gaming sound ( this is what it says: ASUS SonicMaster technology and boosted headphone output enhance audio experience) by using the headset jacks on the right side of the machine so if I am using this wireless deal is it a loss I mean the headset sounds good also they have Bluetooth so I can answer the phone with them.
    Also does the Maxx audio affect the headset output? Should I invest in a set of wired headset?
    Thanks in advance,
    Happy ROG_n
    Doug
    When I use Bluetooth, or TOSLINK optical out of the headset jack, the MAXX audio settings don't show up for those.

I don't miss the processing for the Bluetooth / optical out, everything sounds great without additional signal processing.

As I read it originally, the MAXX audio was audio shaping to get the best sound out of the cramped physical conditions the built-in speakers / "subwoofer" are facing - the difference between sound is amazing, so MAXX audio is awesome for the speakers.

With analogue headphones, I use the least processing, or none, as the audio shaping isn't as helpful.

Does Logitech provide sound shaping / equalizer software with the H800? That would be made to specifically support the audio profile of the Logitech headphone transducers - a better choice than using something generic - or tuned for other output hardware.
    Last edited by hmscott; 04-04-2014 at 08:01 AM.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array kb0sdq's Avatar

Howdy Hmscott,
    Thanks for the reply. Logitech does not offer much for these not until you get into the upper models with surround sound headsets.
    these the H800 wireless are pretty nice for the money $99 I got mine off ebay for 54 bucks brand new
    Was just curious about it. Thanks again
    Happy ROG_n
    Doug