Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question: G750JHA & Headsets

kb0sdq
Level 10
Howdy folks,
Just a quick question
I am using Logitech H800 wireless headset they have the little transmitter that plugs into the usb port.
My question is, The lap top has improved headset amp for improved gaming sound ( this is what it says: ASUS SonicMaster technology and boosted headphone output enhance audio experience) by using the headset jacks on the right side of the machine so if I am using this wireless deal is it a loss I mean the headset sounds good also they have Bluetooth so I can answer the phone with them.
Also does the Maxx audio affect the headset output? Should I invest in a set of wired headset?
Thanks in advance,
Happy ROG_n
Doug
2 REPLIES 2

hmscott
Level 12
kb0sdq wrote:
Howdy folks,
Just a quick question
I am using Logitech H800 wireless headset they have the little transmitter that plugs into the usb port.
My question is, The lap top has improved headset amp for improved gaming sound ( this is what it says: ASUS SonicMaster technology and boosted headphone output enhance audio experience) by using the headset jacks on the right side of the machine so if I am using this wireless deal is it a loss I mean the headset sounds good also they have Bluetooth so I can answer the phone with them.
Also does the Maxx audio affect the headset output? Should I invest in a set of wired headset?
Thanks in advance,
Happy ROG_n
Doug

When I use Bluetooth, or TOSLINK optical out of the headset jack, the MAXX audio settings don't show up for those.

I don't miss the processing for the Bluetooth / optical out, everything sounds great without additional signal processing.

As I read it originally, the MAXX audio was audio shaping to get the best sound out of the cramped physical conditions the built-in speakers / "subwoofer" are facing - the difference between sound is amazing, so MAXX audio is awesome for the speakers.

With analogue headphones, I use the least processing, or none, as the audio shaping isn't as helpful.

Does Logitech provide sound shaping / equalizer software with the H800? That would be made to specifically support the audio profile of the Logitech headphone transducers - a better choice than using something generic - or tuned for other output hardware.

kb0sdq
Level 10
Howdy Hmscott,
Thanks for the reply. Logitech does not offer much for these not until you get into the upper models with surround sound headsets.
these the H800 wireless are pretty nice for the money $99 I got mine off ebay for 54 bucks brand new
Was just curious about it. Thanks again
Happy ROG_n
Doug