Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I run The Elder Scrolls Online ?

Quasho
Level 7
Hey all,

I'm really sorry if I'm not on the right thread section! 😞
Basically I just bought a new laptop (ROG G750JX) - I had the Asus N76VZ before, but since I like 'heavy' games I've bought the
G750JX.
The question is if my ROG can run The Elder Scrolls Online ? I don't see much difference between the N76VZ & the G750JX 😞 it seems that the game is always lagging or really slow 😞 on High or Medium sets. Do I have to tweak my graphic card preferences ? I don't understand much of it 😕

Thanks a lot guys /O/
13 REPLIES 13

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Hehehe. :3

Just to confirm, this is the laptop you previously owned? http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/N76VZ/

If so, the G750JX blows that compy out of the water. You've upgraded from a 650m to a 770m. That is a BIG jump. http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-770M-vs-GeForce-GT-650M

Here's your info for how Elder Scrolls will run on a JX, given it's components.

http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=3734&game=The+Elder+Scrolls+Online&p_make=Intel&p_de...

You should be able to run the game fine on Maximum.

Damn 😮
Well true, now I've a GTX 770M but I get 20fps with High specs & on the N76VZ I had between 15-25fps on High setting as well.
I don't understand. I hope I didn't do anything wrong when I was trying to change the options over the Nvidia Control Center.
Thank you for your reply ^^

hahah 'dat' picture !!

Crmn1625
Level 7
Is your laptop plugged in - many forum posts (and personal experience) that the ROG's need to be plugged in for full GPU performance. Battery can't handle the GPU's, drain to quickly supposedly.
G750JH-DB72-CA
250GB SSD/ 750GB HDD/ 16GB RAM
Windows 8.1:)

Yes, it's plugged in. Everything it's update as well. I just don't get it why I get so low FPS 😕

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Ah so you have been playing Elder Scrolls: Online with the JX already? Sorry I didn't properly understand your post.

The game is new, I wouldn't be surprised if things aren't going as planned, it's not optimised yet as far as I'm aware. It's still in Beta, right?

arkejn
Level 7
I played ESO on my old PC and had no problems at all :x
specs:
phenom II x6 1100T
GTX460 1GB DCU
2x4GB Kingston T1
STATION WAGON PC:
CPU
: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T BE / A10 7700K MOBO: ASUS M4A79XTD EVO / ASUS Crossblade Ranger
COOLING: Coolermaster V8 PSU: Chieftec 80P 600W / Corsair RM850
RAM: Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB DISK: Seagate 1TB, WD Green Caviar 1,5TB
CASE: Cooler Master Elite 330 / Corsair Carbide SPEC02 VIDEO: Asus GTX460 1GB DCU/TOP

G56JR

Crmn1625
Level 7
How about other games? Any issues there? Could there be something in the power plan setting that is not allowing you to use everything even while plugged in? I uninstalled Power4Gear and Splendid to keep those from interfering and changing settings. I do not play ESO so have no direct experience there but it does not make sense that you have such low fps.
G750JH-DB72-CA
250GB SSD/ 750GB HDD/ 16GB RAM
Windows 8.1:)

Quasho
Level 7
Hey, sorry for the late reply. I was sleeping.
I've installed TESO on the SSD driver. I'm installing other games at the moment and I've been playing DayZ and everything is smooth.
I will keep you guys updated. The only game I've tried it was
World of Warcraft (Trial) just to see if everything was smooth, I played in Ultra but was a bit 'laggy', but I'm assuming it was because it was installing at the same time . I've try to play WoW Trial (Ultra specs) on my ASUS N76VZ with no problems at all. But then again, is World of Warcraft a demanding graphic game ? I don't know :(. I'm installing Crysis 3 - Anno 2070 - Assassin's Creed IV (Black Flag) & Dead Island and I will run
some tests 🙂 - thank you guys for your patience and helpful comments!! 🙂

villiansv
Level 11
I'm playing TESO on my JX with no issues whatsoever (max settings). Including mass AvA battles.