cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coming soon, the AMD 295 X2 VGA dubbed Vesuvius

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15

Now why does this look so familiar? OH I KNOW!!! heh, seems like the AMD Engineers really liked the idea of the cooling system used on the ROG ARES II and incorporated it into their reference design :cool: and added a fan for some extra cooling...kinda also reminds me of the Poseidon cards, except the 295X2 is all-in-one.

Full specs and details are expected to be announced on Tuesday the 8th April...including price...which some articles have speculated will be around $1500USD....which wouldn't surprise me at all, considering the ARES II launched at around $1600 USD.

By the way, if anyone is seeing this and is getting excited with a possible plan. Do note that this card is huuuuuge and I mean it, it's allegedly just under 31cm in length!

http://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/anton-shilov/amd-radeon-r9-295-x2-final-specs-reveal...
25 REPLIES 25

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Here is AMD's trailer for it too:

Antronman
Level 10
They didn't add an extra fan. The Ares 2 had one.
But man, x2 R9 290x on one PCB? Sounds like a hyper-photorealistic renderer is screaming with glee, somewhere out there.
Say hi to the next generation.

Peace is a lie, there is only Passion

Through passion, I gain strength

Through strength, I gain victory

Through victory, my chains are broken

The Republic of Gamers shall free me

wvjeepguy81
Level 7
I would pay up to $1000, but anything over that is my cut off point.

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Well mate, you're not getting this card then. The RRP is $1499 USD

The 1st review I have spotted is already live: http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2014/04/08/radeon-r9-295x2-review-amd-delivers-on-a-promi...

LOL color me surprised when I found out that the review is on Forbes.

Myk SilentShadow wrote:
Well mate, you're not getting this card then. The RRP is $1499 USD

The 1st review I have spotted is already live: http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2014/04/08/radeon-r9-295x2-review-amd-delivers-on-a-promi...

LOL color me surprised when I found out that the review is on Forbes.

Yeah I'm still tempted, but I have the only 120mm area in my case already taken up by an h80i. I would have to make an adapter to mount one of the radiators to the 180mm intake (Silverstone TJ08-e). I did this matx build because I thought it would still give me the room to run two gpu's, I wasnt aware that the second gpu completely blocks half the connectors on the Maximus VI Gene and that the cards are so tight together that air and heat is an issue. My own fault for not doing better research than I did, but I've been waiting for a nice dual gpu card to get around the unfortunate motherboard choice.

wvjeepguy81 wrote:
Yeah I'm still tempted, but I have the only 120mm area in my case already taken up by an h80i. I would have to make an adapter to mount one of the radiators to the 180mm intake (Silverstone TJ08-e). I did this matx build because I thought it would still give me the room to run two gpu's, I wasnt aware that the second gpu completely blocks half the connectors on the Maximus VI Gene and that the cards are so tight together that air and heat is an issue. My own fault for not doing better research than I did, but I've been waiting for a nice dual gpu card to get around the unfortunate motherboard choice.

Hehehe good man! 😉

Zka17
Level 16
Nice review... and if the temps are so much lower than the previous 290X's then I think this card has a potential... - but the comparison would be interesting with full-cover water-blocks too...

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
A friend of mine just made the best statement on ROG AUS' Fbook page that ASUS should do a Poseidon version of it!!! would be epic in my eyes...but, we'll probably see a ARES IV in the next ~6 months.....even higher asking price haha :cool: