Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 25 of 25
  1. #21
    imMortal Kombatant Array Myk SilentShadow PC Specs
    Myk SilentShadow PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Rampage IV Formula
    ProcessorIntel i7 3930K
    Memory (part number)8GB Corsair XMS3 1600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Radeon 7970 3GD5
    Sound CardROG Xonar Phoebus
    MonitorSamsung SyncMaster SA300
    Storage #1Corsair Neutron 128GB
    Storage #2Seagate 2TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair A50 Pro Air Cooler
    CaseBitFenix Merc Alpha
    Power SupplyThermaltake Litepower 700W
    Keyboard Alienware TactX Keyboard
    Mouse Tesoro Gandiva H1L
    OS Win7 Ultimate x64
    Myk SilentShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Reputation
    266
    Posts
    5,241

    Quote Originally Posted by Antronman View Post
    The T-Z is a crap card.

    Reasons for your claim would be nice

  2. #22
    ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array Antronman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Reputation
    29
    Posts
    1,374

    Quote Originally Posted by Myk SilentShadow View Post
    Reasons for your claim would be nice
    It's meant as a 4K workstation card.
    You're still capped to two of them. (2x2 GPUs).

    3k for 1 T-Z, 2k for the equivalent (2 Titan-Blacks).

    So unless for some reason (by which I mean there is no reason) you have an mITX workstation, the T-Z is a crap card.

    It's not a gamer card. And even if it was, it's still utterly useless. I've never heard of somebody making an mITX build, and putting in a few thousand dollars into the GPU
    Say hi to the next generation.

    Peace is a lie, there is only Passion
    Through passion, I gain strength
    Through strength, I gain victory
    Through victory, my chains are broken
    The Republic of Gamers shall free me

  3. #23
    ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array ganji PC Specs
    ganji PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Z87 Sabertooth
    Processori7 4770k
    Memory (part number)GSkill TridentX 2400MHz CL10 PC3-19200
    Graphics Card #1EVGA 980ti ACX 2.0 SC+
    Graphics Card #2EVGA 980ti ACX 2.0 SC+
    MonitorAsus VG28QE x3
    Storage #1Crucial BX100 256Gb
    Storage #2Samsung 840 Evo 250Gb
    CPU CoolerEK Predator 240
    CaseCorsair AIR 540
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova P2 1000w
    Keyboard Coolermaster quickfire pro
    Mouse Corsair M65 RGB
    Headset Roccat Kave XTD
    Headset/Speakers Corsair SP2500
    OS Win 10 Pro
    ganji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Reputation
    71
    Posts
    901

    Aqua Computer unveils full-cover water-block for Radeon R9 295X2
    Aqua Computer, a maker of liquid cooling solutions from Germany, on Tuesday introduced the world’s first full-cover water-block for AMD Radeon R9 295 X2 graphics card. The kryographics Vesuvius water-block is designed for custom-built liquid-cooled systems and is aimed at experienced enthusiasts who are seeking either additional performance from AMD’s dual-chip graphics board, want to reduce then noise of the model R9 295 X2 compared to the reference cooler, or both.
    Source: http://www.kitguru.net/components/gr...deon-r9-295x2/

  4. #24
    imMortal Kombatant Array Myk SilentShadow PC Specs
    Myk SilentShadow PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Rampage IV Formula
    ProcessorIntel i7 3930K
    Memory (part number)8GB Corsair XMS3 1600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Radeon 7970 3GD5
    Sound CardROG Xonar Phoebus
    MonitorSamsung SyncMaster SA300
    Storage #1Corsair Neutron 128GB
    Storage #2Seagate 2TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair A50 Pro Air Cooler
    CaseBitFenix Merc Alpha
    Power SupplyThermaltake Litepower 700W
    Keyboard Alienware TactX Keyboard
    Mouse Tesoro Gandiva H1L
    OS Win7 Ultimate x64
    Myk SilentShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Reputation
    266
    Posts
    5,241

    Quote Originally Posted by Antronman View Post
    It's meant as a 4K workstation card.
    Yeah, we know this.
    You're still capped to two of them. (2x2 GPUs).
    Thanks for that Captain Obvious

    3k for 1 T-Z, 2k for the equivalent (2 Titan-Blacks).
    Yeah...and?

    So unless for some reason (by which I mean there is no reason) you have an mITX workstation, the T-Z is a crap card.
    Why, because an mITX isn't "powerful" enough to hold one? this part is utter sillyness.

    It's not a gamer card. And even if it was, it's still utterly useless. I've never heard of somebody making an mITX build, and putting in a few thousand dollars into the GPU
    Well you see the funny thing is, the T-Z was never marketed as a Gaming Card and it's not intended to be one, but so what? someone out there will buy one, or two. There are plenty of builders out there who shell out 2-3K for 4 graphics cards.....i'm sure there'll be someone out there crazy enough to buy one and use it for gaming, just because they can.


    By the way, when someone asks for an explanation for why you say something is a crap piece of tech...you need to give a proper reason...and then we'd have a discussion about it...but not in this thread.


    Quote Originally Posted by ganji View Post
    Aqua Computer unveils full-cover water-block for Radeon R9 295X2


    Source: http://www.kitguru.net/components/gr...deon-r9-295x2/
    Oooooh shinyyyyyyyyy!!

  5. #25
    ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array Antronman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Reputation
    29
    Posts
    1,374

    Quote Originally Posted by Myk SilentShadow View Post
    Yeah, we know this.
    Thanks for that Captain Obvious

    Yeah...and?

    Why, because an mITX isn't "powerful" enough to hold one? this part is utter sillyness.

    Well you see the funny thing is, the T-Z was never marketed as a Gaming Card and it's not intended to be one, but so what? someone out there will buy one, or two. There are plenty of builders out there who shell out 2-3K for 4 graphics cards.....i'm sure there'll be someone out there crazy enough to buy one and use it for gaming, just because they can.


    By the way, when someone asks for an explanation for why you say something is a crap piece of tech...you need to give a proper reason...and then we'd have a discussion about it...but not in this thread.




    Oooooh shinyyyyyyyyy!!
    I'm saying it won't happen, because mITX doesn't have as many PCIe lanes as a pro dev needs.
    Say hi to the next generation.

    Peace is a lie, there is only Passion
    Through passion, I gain strength
    Through strength, I gain victory
    Through victory, my chains are broken
    The Republic of Gamers shall free me

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •