cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R4G - Rollback to BIOS 1404 from 4802

louisnguyen
Level 7
My issuse is that, the Xeon E5-2620 ES I got, will only work with the mobo BIOS 1404. I'm recently updated my R4G to BIOS 4802 and now I want to rollback to BIOS 1404 in order to use the E5-2602.

Yes, I did the rename trick. Change 1404.rom to ERALL.rom and it didn't work. So help me please, thank you very much then.
10 REPLIES 10

Praz
Level 13
Hello

As far as I know once you use the CAP converter you cannot go back to a ROM file.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
You should be able to use ERALL.ROM....what happened....did BIOS lights flash for over a minute or just for a few seconds...and you are using BIOS Flashback method right? EZ flash wont work with this.

Maybe try this on pendrive first...

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?40601-Asus-Rampage-IV-Extreme-Core-i7-4820K-gt-debug-code-0...

then try BIOS flashback with only renamed BIOS file on it

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
You should be able to use ERALL.ROM....what happened....did BIOS lights flash for over a minute or just for a few seconds...and you are using BIOS Flashback method right? EZ flash wont work with this.

Here are what I did.
- Prepare an USB stick formatted FAT 32.
- Download, extract, rename BIOS 1404 (right-click rename) to ERALL.rom and copy to USB.
- Shutdown and plug USB to ROG Connect
- Press ROG Connect button in 3 secs and release
- It blink for like more than 10 mins and stop
- Reset and there you go, still BIOS 4802 version

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
It should not flash for so long...just over a minute is normal slow start faster at the end....this certainly works on the RIVE so...

I edited the post above try that format method on the pendrive and download a fresh copy of 1404 and rename that. Best to use a USB.2.0 pen if you have one...

Clear CMOS before you do the flash..

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
It should not flash for so long...just over a minute is normal slow start faster at the end....this certainly works on the RIVE so...

I edited the post above try that format method on the pendrive and download a fresh cop of 1404 and rename that. Best to use a USB.2.0 pen if you have one...

Clear CMOS before you do the flash..

Just to let you know that I even can't update to the newest 4804 through BIOS Flashback! It's a 2.0 USB and I'm trying your format method and will be back to you soon

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40

There's no luck Arne. It takes like more than 20 mins for the ROG connect to flash and at the end the BIOS still the same. However, I am succeed in updated to 4804 through EZ Flash

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Hmm so BIOS Flashback is not working? Have you tried flashing say, 1205 and then try ERALL.ROM.....maybe this is something that only works on the RIVE? Though I'm pretty sure I've seen people do this on Sabretooth boards too...

Have you tried another pendrive?

extreme
Level 7
you need to change the bios file to "R4G.ROM" and put it on the usb drive for flushback to work... im sure you know the procedure ....
it worked fine with my other R4gene board without any problems.