ROG Enthusiast Array

Post Asus AI Recovery and Restore DVD Asus G75

Good Morning!

Is there are any difference between Asus AI Recovery and Restore DVD's which was included in box by Asus? If I currently want to set a new system HDD instead of an old one which option is most preferable in this case Asus AI Recovery or using in-box Restore DVD with Asus logo which come in box with G75? Or the main difference that Asus AI Recovery restores an entire recovery partition (F8) plus all data (images, txt's, music, video, etc.) from old HDD to a new one? Does Asus Restore DVD make similar operations? I need to get a fuly factory state on a new HDD with recovery partition(F8), Asus OEM logo (Control Panel\System and Security\System). Here is listed the detailed article of recovering system using Asus AI Recovery (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...to-Restore-G75) but nothing is told about included Asus Recovery DVD. Thanks for reply!

ROG Enthusiast Array

One more question, as from factory my G75VW has 2 drivers, one Liteon 256GB SSD, Seagate ST1000LM024 1TB. Is it compulsory to change EFI mode as I will replace SSD to HDD (WD Black BPKX) or all BIOS settings should remain by default and HDD will be recognized.

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Clintlgm PC Specs
    Clintlgm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY DH72
    MotherboardAsus Z97 Pro WiFi and /Z97 Pro A
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Storage #1512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #21 TB Samsun 850 Pro
    CaseCool Master Haf
    OS Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 Pro

You can run a VW in either UEFI GPT or BIOS MBR they come from the factory UEFI GPT.
    Here in the states The G75 did not come with a restore disk. They only came with a Driver disk.
    The AI Recovery disk we created soon after we purchased the Note Book.
    I have restored with the AI Recovery disk I made, and it put my computer back as it was when I purchased it. Well more or less, for some reason the hidden partitions took drive letters. When I saw what happen I just clean installed. My Note Book stayed that way until I clean installed Win 8.1 Pro
    I know that Asus did sell a Restore DVD for the Win 7 versions of the G75 for $50 Sorry I don't know what was on it. Sorry I can't be more helpful than this.
    G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
    512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
    980m GTX 4 GB
    32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
    Windows 10 Pro
    Z97 -A
    Windows 10 Pro