Vitalflea
Level 7
Here are my specs -
I-7 4770 k
GeForce gts 250
Asus Maximus gene VI
x2 4g pny RAM
Windows 7 64-bit

Q-code is displaying a0 and the computer is running fine with the onboard graphics. When i plug in the gpu the onboard graphics stops working and the gpu isn't displaying anything on my monitor. I'm using a dvi to vga cord, maybe I has to do with that? I have tried all options in the primary display tab and I can only get the onboard graphics to work. When i try to use the gpu My monitor can tell when the computer is turned on but nothing is displayed on any input. I have tried the gpu in both slots on the mobo and no success. I'd appreciate the help.
5 REPLIES 5

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Hi Vitalflea 🙂

It does sound like the cable or adapter is not working....do you have any others to try....I presume you have tried both DVI-I ports on the card...when you boot with the GPU does it still go to AO like the computer is running fine but simply no display?

Yes i tried both ports. It sits on AE for a while and goes back to A0. Still no display. I am not able to try another gpu at the moment and I should have another cord by the end of today. Also With the gpu in, i turn my computer on and it restarts twice and makes 1 beep.

graphic
Level 11
hmm, it could be a driver issue, the gts 250 seems like an old card right???
is it the same cord you using as with the onboard connector??
boot into windows with the onboard graphics first and then try connecting to
the gts 250, also check power connectors the the vga
good luck

InFAMAS-ONE
Level 8
In your BIOS, is your PCI-e set to GEN3, or AUTO?

I had a similar issue myself with testing a card for someone who had a different problem. That problem turned out to be a bad driver, but part of the testing was throwing in an old card that I knew worked! This is where I ran into a similar issue to yours... I couldn't get display either when I put the old card in, and found out that the PCI-e slot was set to GEN3. I put it back to AUTO, and..... BINGO!

It might just be a bad cable, but check that too.

Vitalflea
Level 7
I purchased a dvi to hdmi and the problem is fixed. It took about 6 minutes for something to display. I just needed a little bit of patience. Thanks everyone for the assistance.