cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VI Extreme - Win7 64 won't install - 0x8007045D error

ShadesOfGrey
Level 7
Hello everyone! I have recently replaced my motherboard with the Maximus VI Extreme and an i7-4770K CPU. I am currently using DDR3 1600 1x4GB in slot A1 and a brand new Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD. It POSTed fine and the BIOS shows no errors, sees the SSD and DVD drives, RAM...no problems.

However, I had a lot of trouble installing Win7 Pro 64-bit from the DVD. It gave the 0x8007045D error several times and finally did install...but it wouldn't install any updates. I did clean installs several times, resetting the CMOS each time. At one point I got it to install some updates but it would only install those that were not labeled Security Update. Weird.

At first I thought it was a bad DVD or maybe my old DVD player wasn't doing well with SATA3, so I created a bootable USB installer. Now it starts installing and when it begins expanding files it gives me the same error.

Is this a Win7 problem? Are there any known issues with i/o and this motherboard/cpu/ssd combination?

My next step is to get another SSD and try that. After that, I'll have to RMA the motherboard.

Thanks,

Stan
1 REPLY 1

jab383
Level 13
My Win 7 pro is using over 5GB of RAM right now for the kernel. One 4GB DIMM may not be enough to even install Win 7. Additional RAM would be a more cost effective solution than SSD at this point.

Jeff