cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fan Speeds

Retired
Not applicable
Hey, I've been experimenting a bit with the AMD overdrive function on my G73JH. I have managed to get a decent boost, while keeping it stable.

However, I have noticed that my fans don't seem to be doing too much work. I am using a laptop cooler, which is taking off some of the load, but my full cooling capabilities on the laptop only come in to effect around 90 degrees C under full load.

I was wondering if there is any tool I can use to adjust what temp my fans kick in, or if there is something off with my laptop?

I'm a little bit lower on the tech experience, so if I'm missing something blatantly obvious, don't take it too hard on me.

thanks,

-eagle

Edit* My laptop just crashed while in an intense game of SC2, so I think I'm going to bring the clocks back a bit and probably get some canned air into this thing. The only issue, is that it crashed without the systems fans kicking in.
3 REPLIES 3

Retired
Not applicable
Figure I'll give this a bump while updating some info.

Just took some compressed air to my G73, and that seemed to fix the heat issues right up, idling at 48 degrees C while on my laptop cooler.

Although I would still be interested in having the ability to control the fans. I don't mind the noise so the ability to run the fans on max for ultimate cooling would be very welcomed on my part.

If anyone knows how to manually adjust fan settings please help me?

dstrakele
Level 14
You might be interested in an application called SpeedFan http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php which allows control of fan speeds. I use it only for monitoring temperatures and fan speeds, but it does offer some ability to control them.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Retired
Not applicable
dstrakele wrote:
You might be interested in an application called SpeedFan http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php which allows control of fan speeds. I use it only for monitoring temperatures and fan speeds, but it does offer some ability to control them.

Testing it now, thanks for the response.

Edit* I have used it, but I'm having a lot of issues with it. there are many errors while attempting to adjust the fan's response to temperature, and it doesn't seem to be working all that well. i think it may be an issue with the install, but I think it could also be having an issue recognizing that this is a laptop.