Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array Tokens210 PC Specs
    Tokens210 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus VI Formula
    ProcessorI7-4770K
    Memory (part number)F3-2400C10D-16GTX Gskill TridentX (8gbx2)
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 550TI 1gb
    Sound CardSupreme FX on board
    Storage #12x Samsung Evo 120gb
    Storage #2WD 1TB
    CPU CoolerSwiftech H320
    CaseCoolermaster HAF 932 Advanced
    Power SupplyCorsair HX850 80+ Platinum
    OS Windows 7 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosan View Post
    It does not use a standard USB header. The ROG_EXT port is part ROG Connect/Part USB. (protip - if you don't have one of these you can use the pinout for more USB ports)

You only gain a port by using it.

I know it uses the rog ext but that's also a USB header I believe which I already am using lol, altho it may not be the actual rog ext I'd have to check my manual, I have the maximums VI formula, there is plenty of room for the label to fit yet its set in between 2 headers, both look like USB headers although 1 is upside down, the label as I said is in between the 2 headers, 1 of which is a secondary USB header labeled rog ext below it and USB something like 1314 above it, so if the label is just off then yea I'd be able to actually gain a USB but would still then loose the headphone and mic on the case, being able to gain a USB would possibly make it a little better but there are many other downsides in my opinion about the panel most I listed in that first post I made

Also if your saying there's a pin out adapter to change the Rog ext into a USB header then I'd say I was not aware of that and Thx for the info lol

I have a cooler master haf 932 advanced, case has 4 USB 2.0 on the front and 2 USB 3.0 as well as a headphone jack and mic jack and a FireWire port which is already dead cause the formula doesn't have a connection for it but that one I don't really mind cause I own nothing that uses firmwire lol

So for me as far as i know unless the label is just off or unless you were saying theres a pin out adapter using the panel would cause a set of usbs to become dead as well as the front mic and headphones on top of the FireWire on which as I said I don't really mind that on but it would basically cause the entire top panel of my case to be useless minus the 2 USB 2.0 that would still work

As I said even tho a pass thru would mean the case things wouldn't have as high of quality I still would have perfered to see them, just for me at least it be much more appealing to gain something without loosing anything
    Last edited by Tokens210; 04-17-2014 at 11:22 AM.
    CoolerMaster HAF 932 Advanced/ Maximus VI Formula/ I7-4770K/Swiftech H320/ Corsair HX850/ G.Skill Trident X (2x8) 16gb 2400MHz/ 2x 840 EVO 120gb(Raid 0)/ WD 1TB HDD (Backup/Storage)/ EVGA GTX 1gb 560 TI/ Asus 12x bluray combo

Well here's another one....
    when using realbench the frontbase starts to act weird
    Not just with realbench, this happens at startup as well. does anyone else has this problem or just me?
    For video -->http://youtu.be/MpyZ9mrEJEQ

Goos

Insane Hardware Geek Array PowerOver9K's Avatar

Level up just takes presets and overvolts the CPU as someone else already said. I got my Lamptron Fan Controller for 10 bucks more and am glad I did.
    Mobo: Rampage IV BE | CPU: i7-4930@4.5ghz Hexacore | RAM: 32GB Corsair V-Pro | GPU: 4xR9 290X Quadfire | PSU: eVGA P2 SuperNOVA 1000W\G2 850W | Chassis: NZXT Phantom 820 | Cooling: XSPC Raystorm CPU Block\4xEK 290X Block\2x Laing D5\XSPC Dual Bay Res\Phobya G-Changer 1080 External Rad\Alphacool 140UT60\XSPC AX360 | Fan Con: Lamptron CW611 | Tube: Primochill Adv. LRT Bloodshed Red | 3xCrossover 27" 2560x1440 Monitors | Build Log of Insanity

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array Tokens210 PC Specs
    Tokens210 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus VI Formula
    ProcessorI7-4770K
    Memory (part number)F3-2400C10D-16GTX Gskill TridentX (8gbx2)
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 550TI 1gb
    Sound CardSupreme FX on board
    Storage #12x Samsung Evo 120gb
    Storage #2WD 1TB
    CPU CoolerSwiftech H320
    CaseCoolermaster HAF 932 Advanced
    Power SupplyCorsair HX850 80+ Platinum
    OS Windows 7 64-bit

Yep my plans the same power skip the panel and get a lamptron lol

For me personally the panels negatives in my personal build out weight the positives
    CoolerMaster HAF 932 Advanced/ Maximus VI Formula/ I7-4770K/Swiftech H320/ Corsair HX850/ G.Skill Trident X (2x8) 16gb 2400MHz/ 2x 840 EVO 120gb(Raid 0)/ WD 1TB HDD (Backup/Storage)/ EVGA GTX 1gb 560 TI/ Asus 12x bluray combo

Quote Originally Posted by PowerOver9K View Post
    Level up just takes presets and overvolts the CPU as someone else already said. I got my Lamptron Fan Controller for 10 bucks more and am glad I did.
    just googled it, but it does not have a automatic bsod button
    i'll just stick to the front base and hope they make a good update for it.
    But it is €70,- not well spend!

New ROGer Array

Yeah, I would not recommend it to anyone unless you just want it for appearance. Doesn't even fit well in my case.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by HappyBuddhaman View Post
    I remember ASUS stating that you could assign an OC profile into the Front Panel that you created in the BIOS, but it would be for one profile only.

Skip to 5:10 in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBDKsmw3Fto
    I'm about to buy an ASUS ROG Front Base to finish my recent build. So I wanna ask if the above is true: can one assign an OC profile from the BIOS into the Front Base?

Cheers

ROG Member Array

You can set your system up as fast as you want it then back it down 2x the amount the OC button will bump it up. So if the OC button on the front base jumps up 2ghz per push then you would setup your system to start at 4ghz slower in theory so when the button was pushed once it would bump you up 2ghz, 2 presses of the button would bump it up 4ghz. (to your max) My problem is I got a hold of ASUS and they gave me the voltage settings that the base bumps up but I am not sure exactly how to input those setting and thus when I try and press the OC button my system freezes. I have tried way undervoltage too but that also locks it up. So everything has to be just so. I hope someone will answer my thread and help me input the voltage settings. There is one I cant seem to find anywhere in the bios or the asus tweaker software. Its called Integrated Memory Controller Voltage.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3