cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special thanks for Chastity and JDr1st

Jinky
Level 7
Thank you guys for helping me get my A1 updated 🙂 Special thanks to JDr1st for responding to my PM's etc etc, much appreciated.

Have a few more things to update and pick which software I want to try and use but other than that everything is running good. Time to install some games :cool:

Before I forget, I have the latest Nvidia beta driver installed, do I need to used the one with the modified INF file or no?

Thanks again to the both of you, much much appreciated.

Matt
6 REPLIES 6

JRd1st
Level 12
No problem, man.

If you're talking about 285.38 beta, the notebook version from the nVidia beta page installed on my G74 SX-A1 with no problem.
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

Those are what I have installed. Yet to test them out playing anything. My Bluetooth download is taking forever, almost done though 🙂

Jinky
Level 7
For some reason I am still having very slow loading into the OS screen 😞 I have nothing software wise installed yet and every time I reboot I am asked to install c://program files/FSP/FsUip.exe which is already installed. No clue what is causing the slow loading, have installed latest bios, chipset, ATK, basic system files etc etc. Any suggestions? Had the same thing before and thought it was just one to many startup apps but atm there is barely anything at startup.

xeromist
Is this from an F9 restore or from a fresh windows install? If it's from a restore you might try uninstalling some of the ASUS software like the WebStorage. You can also run msconfig from the windows run box and disable anything not critical from running at startup. Make sure you have all of the latest drivers because an old driver could cause this as well.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Jinky
Level 7
This is on a fresh install. I have the day off today so I am going to try and get everything finished up and running solid. Are all the drivers in the sticky for the SX? unless otherwise mentioned for the other models obviously. Reason I ask is the HDMI driver would not work for me, got the OS mismatch on install. I assumed pro vs home did not matter on the driver since both are a 64 bit OS.

Thanks for the reply,

Matt

I never installed an hdmi driver, but then I'm not using any hdmi sound yet.

There's a lot of drivers in that thread. Look in Device Manager and see if you have any yellow (!)'s. If you don't see any, you most likely have a driver for each device installed.
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com