cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hybridisk and RaidR express

stevenskl
Level 7
Is anyone using the Raidr Express and Hybridisk? Is it possible to use the Hybridisk caching software and at the same time use the RaidR express as a normal drive? I once had tried to do this and the SSD was not shown as a drive anymore. It just worked as Cache for a HDD.
3 REPLIES 3

stevenskl
Level 7
Helloooo? Anyone???

DeLaguna
Level 7
stevenskl wrote:
Is anyone using the Raidr Express and Hybridisk? Is it possible to use the Hybridisk caching software and at the same time use the RaidR express as a normal drive? I once had tried to do this and the SSD was not shown as a drive anymore. It just worked as Cache for a HDD.

Instead of using the whole disk for the cache slide the usage slider to the amount you want to use as cache, then start turn on the cache, you can then use disk manager to create a simple volume on whats left of the drive.

Let me know if you need more help you can contact me through gmail I am DeLaguna 🙂
ciao.

DeLaguna wrote:
Instead of using the whole disk for the cache slide the usage slider to the amount you want to use as cache, then start turn on the cache, you can then use disk manager to create a simple volume on whats left of the drive.

Let me know if you need more help you can contact me through gmail I am DeLaguna 🙂
ciao.

Thanks for your reply, DeLaguna. Meanwhile I have a new Hybrid HDD (Seagate, which has its own SSD cache inside). My system is on the Seagate and the Raidr is used for Lightroom cache and catalog, Adobe ACR cache, Adobe Bridge cache, OS scratch disk and Photoshop scratch disk. I`m quite happy with this setup. Maybe some day I`ll try your suggestion, but I`m always afraid to break a running system....

At the moment I have another problem: My system (WIN 8.1) recognizes the Raidr as being an HDD (!) and my HDDs as SSD drives. That means, I cannot defragment the HDDs and cannot use Trim for the Raidr, because Win`s drive tools do not allow to do so, because of that problem. I could not yet find a way to tell Windows, that the Raidr is a SSD and my HDD drives are HDDs and not SSDs....
Asus support told me that the Raidr does not need a trim command from the OS, because the Raidr controller does the trim command by itself. Not sure, if that`s true.