cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this temperature normal for the CPU?

Master_Po
Level 7

It's maximum is while playing Battlefield 4.
While after I quit Battlefield 4, the temperature is 55 to 59.
9 REPLIES 9

arkejn
Level 7
If it's temperature during stress so yeah, it's normal, if it was idle temp, so probably you should repaste it, you know, it's notebook, it has bigger tj max and stress temps than PC CPUs
STATION WAGON PC:
CPU
: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T BE / A10 7700K MOBO: ASUS M4A79XTD EVO / ASUS Crossblade Ranger
COOLING: Coolermaster V8 PSU: Chieftec 80P 600W / Corsair RM850
RAM: Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB DISK: Seagate 1TB, WD Green Caviar 1,5TB
CASE: Cooler Master Elite 330 / Corsair Carbide SPEC02 VIDEO: Asus GTX460 1GB DCU/TOP

G56JR

Master_Po
Level 7
What about this?

While I was playing Battlefield 4:

(By the way, CPU is idle while having 58-60 temperature.)

often
Level 7
Nope, that's too hot. It needs to be disassembled, a proper cleaning of the fans from under the palmrest, then change thermal paste on both CPU and GPU. Those temperatures will decrease your motherboards lifespan drastically. Find yourself an Asus certified repair center to do the job.

often wrote:
Nope, that's too hot. It needs to be disassembled, a proper cleaning of the fans from under the palmrest, then change thermal paste on both CPU and GPU. Those temperatures will decrease your motherboards lifespan drastically. Find yourself an Asus certified repair center to do the job.

I've done the normal cleaning of the fans all the time. But to do paste? I don't know anything about that.

I have 5-6 months left on my warranty. But I'm afraid my motherboard or whatever is damaged already? But is that my fault? Because every games that used to run well, run much slower, even World of Warcraft.

often
Level 7
What you're able to clean from down under the laptop is basically just one side of the fan filter.
Inside your laptop there will be a large gathering of dust on the mainboard, the other side of the fan filter and also inside your exhaust system. Your GPU is getting so hot that it automatically downclocks itself, it's a function called "throttling". In other words, it needs service and if I were you I wouldn't play any more games on it until it had been properly cleaned. If you don't mind me asking; where do you live? Do you know any Asus certified repair centers nearby?

often wrote:
What you're able to clean from down under the laptop is basically just one side of the fan filter.
Inside your laptop there will be a large gathering of dust on the mainboard, the other side of the fan filter and also inside your exhaust system. Your GPU is getting so hot that it automatically downclocks itself, it's a function called "throttling". In other words, it needs service and if I were you I wouldn't play any more games on it until it had been properly cleaned. If you don't mind me asking; where do you live? Do you know any Asus certified repair centers nearby?

Norway. I don't know.

often
Level 7
I'll PM you.

Edit: Your private messaging function is disabled, only administrators are allowed to PM you.

Djask
Level 7
Looks like I've been living dangerously. 100 degrees on the CPU with Prime95, 82 max for the GPU. Time to repaste quick 🙂
Asus G46VW
i7 3630QM | 750GB Hard Drive | 1080p Full HD Display | Corsair Vengeance 16GB | GTX 660m | Windows 7 Ultimate

arkejn
Level 7
Woah, yeah 100 degrees is only 5 degrees from tj max, you almost fried your CPU 😄
STATION WAGON PC:
CPU
: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T BE / A10 7700K MOBO: ASUS M4A79XTD EVO / ASUS Crossblade Ranger
COOLING: Coolermaster V8 PSU: Chieftec 80P 600W / Corsair RM850
RAM: Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB DISK: Seagate 1TB, WD Green Caviar 1,5TB
CASE: Cooler Master Elite 330 / Corsair Carbide SPEC02 VIDEO: Asus GTX460 1GB DCU/TOP

G56JR