cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

refubrished g75

sedio309
Level 7
Hi ppl...Im new here , Im from Uruguay and I want to know how to recognize a refubrished g75,
im about to buy one and I want to be shure that is not a refubrished laptop..so I search the web but nothing appears.....
could anyone help me whit that??

maybe a serial number or a letter diferent on the serial, or maybe a stiquer with different colour...something ust say that is refubrished or not...

Thanks
Claudio
9 REPLIES 9

arkejn
Level 7
It's hard to check, but mostly refubrished electronic got a sticker, different than original box, even sometimes signs of wear. Refubrished aren't so bad, I know people who bought refubrished laptops, tablets and are satisfied. Refubrished are often free from manufacturing defects which showed up for first time
STATION WAGON PC:
CPU
: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T BE / A10 7700K MOBO: ASUS M4A79XTD EVO / ASUS Crossblade Ranger
COOLING: Coolermaster V8 PSU: Chieftec 80P 600W / Corsair RM850
RAM: Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB DISK: Seagate 1TB, WD Green Caviar 1,5TB
CASE: Cooler Master Elite 330 / Corsair Carbide SPEC02 VIDEO: Asus GTX460 1GB DCU/TOP

G56JR

Clintlgm
Level 14
I guess it would be do you trust the vendor, it sounds like you don't so you might want to look somewhere that you do trust.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

sedio309
Level 7
the thing is that in Uruguay is too dificult to find this type of laptops, so I have searched and only find one.....(there are a pair of 8GB ans dome used...but new, only these one..including no g750, (too expensive for me because the taxes) so the option is this one I think these g75 is the right one....the vendor tells me is new..but to be really shure I want to know something to check in the moment , like serial or something
Thanks
Claudio

arkejn
Level 7
You might check serial on a sticker and serial in BIOS if they are the same. But still refubrished =/= used, it might be one which someone was using for some time and sold it, and reseller want to sell it as new. Just check if it has any signs of being used.
STATION WAGON PC:
CPU
: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T BE / A10 7700K MOBO: ASUS M4A79XTD EVO / ASUS Crossblade Ranger
CASE: Cooler Master Elite 330 / Corsair Carbide SPEC02 VIDEO: Asus GTX460 1GB DCU/TOP

G56JR

sedio309
Level 7
does refubrished g75 has official support and guarantee??

arkejn
Level 7
This sentence I found on my (polish) ASUS site (translated to English)
ASUS remanufactured products are supplied with a manufacturer's warranty, so you can fully enjoy the tranquility of the purchased equipment.

I know it works for my country, not sure if all have
STATION WAGON PC:
CPU

G56JR

sedio309
Level 7
thanks for your advices....I just buy a G75VX-DS72

great machine and I have a pair of cuestions for you...like:
Where or how can I get the 32GB of web storage? ( I just can get only 5 I dont know why)

Thanks
Claudio

TotalONE
Level 7
you can check serial number.
call asus give them that number and they will tell you if its refurbished unit or not. also, on the bottom of a laptop you will have a sticker saying its a refurbished unit and have 90 way returning warenty.

sedio309
Level 7
Thanks for the advice..I just bought the notebok and now is at home.....isn´t refubrished and Im very happy with the machine,,,

Thanks to all of your advices...
Claudio