Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

G750JX dead battery 0% available, plugged in, charging(not charging) new from dec 13'

Laptop wont stay on unless ac adaptor is plugged in, i dont have a spare battery or charger to test to see what might be the
    problem. I have tried several fixes for this problem including taking out batteryushing power button several times once removed, waiting 30 mins, putting battery back in, not restarting but just allowing charging.

laptop currently displays a solid orange light which will change to green for a second then returns to orange again.

I have tried un-installing battery and ac charger drivers from device manager (with and without battery attached) this makes no
    difference.

I have checked power management settings a few times, nothing has been changed since purchase.
    I purchased the laptop in december 2013 uk. battery is given regular opportunity to deplete.

battery status has continued to remain at 0%, plugged in with charging and not charging status changing regularly despite no actual charge being held.

If anybody has any idea what this is i would be so grateful for a fix, if not, i will have to return battery, laptop etc.

Cheers Folk

Chris

ROG Guru: Platinum Belt Array hmscott PC Specs
    hmscott PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G750JH-DB71 (legacy)
    MotherboardAsus G750JH Intel HM87
    ProcessorIntel i7-4700HQ XTU Cores 36x/35x/34x/34x Cache 36x -50mV undervolt
    Memory (part number)Hyundai Electronics HMT41GS6AFR8A-PB 1.35v DDR3L-1600MHz
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia 780m Asus GPU Tweak OC 932mhz/6300mhz
    Sound CardRealtek v6.0.1.7469 driver
    MonitorAUO B173HW02 V1 Custom Refresh 85hz
    Storage #1RAID0 2x M.2 SATA Crucial MX200 512GB CT500MX200SSD6
    Storage #2Crucial 512GB 2.5" MX200 CT500MX200SSD1
    Power Supply230w AC Power Adapter 19.5v
    Keyboard Logitech k400 Wireless KB/Trackpad
    Headset Sony MDR-XB500 Wired and Sennheiser RS-220 Wireless TOSLINK
    OS Windows 8.1 + 8 Linux VM's + Windows 10 Technical Preview
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68U DLINK DIR-655

Quote Originally Posted by Hasson82 View Post
    Laptop wont stay on unless ac adaptor is plugged in, i dont have a spare battery or charger to test to see what might be the
    problem. I have tried several fixes for this problem including taking out batteryushing power button several times once removed, waiting 30 mins, putting battery back in, not restarting but just allowing charging.

laptop currently displays a solid orange light which will change to green for a second then returns to orange again.

I have tried un-installing battery and ac charger drivers from device manager (with and without battery attached) this makes no
    difference.

I have checked power management settings a few times, nothing has been changed since purchase.
    I purchased the laptop in december 2013 uk. battery is given regular opportunity to deplete.

battery status has continued to remain at 0%, plugged in with charging and not charging status changing regularly despite no actual charge being held.

If anybody has any idea what this is i would be so grateful for a fix, if not, i will have to return battery, laptop etc.

Cheers Folk

Chris
    Chris, this method worked for me, it happened on my JW, and after doing this, the problem didn't come back.

Go into the Device Manager, Expand the Batteries group, Right click on the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant...Method Battery, select uninstall and after it uninstalls, click on the Action tab, select scan for Hardware Changes.

Then reboot. Let us know if that fixes it

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by hmscott View Post
    Chris, this method worked for me, it happened on my JW, and after doing this, the problem didn't come back.

Go into the Device Manager, Expand the Batteries group, Right click on the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant...Method Battery, select uninstall and after it uninstalls, click on the Action tab, select scan for Hardware Changes.

Then reboot. Let us know if that fixes it
    Hey, tried this a few times, it hasn't worked for me, light is still blinking orange/green and battery is still dead.

I'm not sure what else I can do

Hmmmm

hmscott PC Specs

Hey, tried this a few times, it hasn't worked for me, light is still blinking orange/green and battery is still dead.

I'm not sure what else I can do

Hmmmm
    Then it isn't a software issue, it is a hardware problem... file a Technical Inquiry with Asus here, after setting up a login and registering your laptop:

http://vip.asus.com

Or, if your seller support allows you to return it for refund/replacement, that could be quicker to getting you another new G750

ROG Member Array

hi, i have been battling with this website vip.asus.com, its totally unresponsive and will not let me enter anything into the fields. Will have to contact the company i bought this from as asus' website is not working.

hmscott PC Specs

hi, i have been battling with this website vip.asus.com, its totally unresponsive and will not let me enter anything into the fields. Will have to contact the company i bought this from as asus' website is not working.
    What browser are you using? Works for me on IE, Firefox 28, and Chrome beta...

Sometimes Asus's internet connection from the USA is flaky, it might be the same from where you are too... give it a try later, and try another browser.

I just went there from the USA, and it logged me right in, 2-3 seconds, Firefox 28.

Then I selected Technical Inquiry, and it took about 45 seconds to load it up, login me in.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	technical inquiry.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	71.7 KB 
ID:	35913
    Last edited by hmscott; 04-19-2014 at 07:58 AM.

ROG Member Array

i got it, just had to be patient with it, thank you again

New ROGer Array

Hey Hasson82, do you solved it ?

I'm having the same problem ...

Tried many things and nothing ...

I need help ... going nuts here haha !

Best Regards from Brazil.

New ROGer Array

i got it, just had to be patient with it, thank you again
    Hello Hasson82, did you solve the battery not charging problem? I am affraid that it is a thing with these laptops that ASUS G-series. I bought mine in Canada, from NCIX G750JX, since Oct-2013. Now I am having the same problem that you described originally in this thread; 0% available (plugged in, not charging).

I tried all the steps like you from different forums, and I checked program HWiNFO and it gives me cycle count on the battery 892. Someone else git this number and has the same problem. How could I have had this many discharge cycles if I bought it 7 months ago. I don't unplug it and it does not get discharged. This is a desktop replacer for me, not for mobile computing.

Please let us know if you got any results on your problem. Hopefully there is a software update. Thanks

New ROGer Array

Hello,
    i'm in France, and i've the same problem with a G750JH .. just get it (last saturday) with this problem... the battery never charged, always be 0%, and nothing to do.. and same as Radwan, the cycle count is more than 800 ... with a NEW computer, never used before ?

There's a BIG problem with this series, and reseller ask to see it with Asus directly... i don't have another computer anymore, because this laptop is replacing it... so i can't send back it, or i won't have anything to work with. Spending more than 2000$ for a computer, having a problem, and to solve it, i have to pay (for sending back the battery, at least...).

Do you have any reseller for a new battery ?! i think it'll be quicker than ASUS.. but i can't find any official seller in europe !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast