cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching for people who RMA'd and fixed screen "lines" problem.

Thestroj
Level 8
As the title says...

Is there someone out there who sent their laptop back to fix this stupid "lines" problem on the screen.
My screen is set to 60hz cause i dont want it to get worst, and thats excatly what is going on.

Looking at the screen im noticing the lines ALL the time now.
6 months ago when i got my G750JX the lines were only visible on gray shades.
It is very very slowly getting worse. It has come to the point that is realy disturbing.
Wich is unacceptable for an +2000 $ piece of hardware.

I would like to send my laptop for repairs. How much time does it take? Can i get an replacement laptop?
My laptop is my milk and bread, need it to make money everyday, and sending it for repairs for a month or maybe 2 is unacceptable. Maybe for a week at max...

Thx and take care...

EDIT: I would also liek an official responce from ASUS staff, on what to do if u notice these lines.
Is it even fixable? Any news on that? Any news on what is causing this? How come that leading worlwide company like ASUS wont respond? And why are new series of this laptop have all the same problems with the screen?

ASUS needs to do something, or "someone" needs to make a big bang with BAD publicity all over the internet, and tell the truth on whats going on.
7 REPLIES 7

hmscott
Level 12
Thestroj wrote:
As the title says...

Is there someone out there who sent their laptop back to fix this stupid "lines" problem on the screen.
My screen is set to 60hz cause i dont want it to get worst, and thats excatly what is going on.

Looking at the screen im noticing the lines ALL the time now.
6 months ago when i got my G750JX the lines were only visible on gray shades.
It is very very slowly getting worse. It has come to the point that is realy disturbing.
Wich is unacceptable for an +2000 $ piece of hardware.

I would like to send my laptop for repairs. How much time does it take? Can i get an replacement laptop?
My laptop is my milk and bread, need it to make money everyday, and sending it for repairs for a month or maybe 2 is unacceptable. Maybe for a week at max...

Thx and take care...

EDIT: I would also liek an official responce from ASUS staff, on what to do if u notice these lines.
Is it even fixable? Any news on that? Any news on what is causing this? How come that leading worlwide company like ASUS wont respond? And why are new series of this laptop have all the same problems with the screen?

ASUS needs to do something, or "someone" needs to make a big bang with BAD publicity all over the internet, and tell the truth on whats going on.

Thestroj, this is a user self support forum, so you need to actually engage Asus directly and ask these or similarly appropriate questions directly with Asus.

This is a good starting point. Set up a VIP account, and register your laptop, then file a Technical Inquiry asking the questions, leading up to an RMA - if Asus thinks it is needed.

http://vip.asus.com

Going all "big bang" about a problem most of us don't have isn't going to get your laptop fixed, working with Asus to get your laptop fixed is how to get your laptop fixed 🙂

If you aren't working with Asus to get your laptop fixed, you aren't helping yourself or anyone else. Get it through the RMA cycle and when it is fixed, come back here and answer these questions, we would all like to know too - so we can point people to it so they can RMA their laptop and get it fixed.

Master_Po
Level 7
hmscott, I've replaced 5.. ASUS G75V, brand new.. 3 different models.. two different stores.. same error as he describes.

2 years later, I buy a brand new ASUS G750JZ, same problem..

Now I will get a SECOND new ASUS G750JZ the next week.. so if the same problem is there, what do you say? It's all bad luck? O.O

I know you say RMA everything, but it's kinda bad if you order 7 new Mercedes Benz cars and have to ship them repair station before you spent 1 minute with them because of broken window.

Master Po wrote:
hmscott, I've replaced 5.. ASUS G75V, brand new.. 3 different models.. two different stores.. same error as he describes.

2 years later, I buy a brand new ASUS G750JZ, same problem..

Now I will get a SECOND new ASUS G750JZ the next week.. so if the same problem is there, what do you say? It's all bad luck? O.O

I know you say RMA everything, but it's kinda bad if you order 7 new Mercedes Benz cars and have to ship them repair station before you spent 1 minute with them because of broken window.

Master Po, because most everything that is a problem can be fixed via RMA - and the rest solved via a working replacement.

Not all similar sounding symptoms are the same problem, or the same source cause. Arm chair trouble-shooting, and jumping to conclusions aren't going to verify that the problem can or cannot be solved, it is only going to contribute to blocking others from trying to get the problem fixed via RMA.

And, it sounds like you are RMA'ing your laptops, at some point you will get one that works to your satisfaction, or you will give up. You haven't given up yet, why suggest others should give up before they even try?

I don't say RMA everything, I say test things, and determine if it is software / hardware or user error / interpretation error, and if you rule out all the things you can change, and it isn't fixed, RMA it through Asus to get it fixed.

Having done electronic component level repair in my early career, and now doing systems debugging and tuning on a large scale, I see lots of logical errors inexperienced people make in trying to save themselves the trouble of actually fixing a problem. They give up quickly, and long before coming to a point where it makes sense to give up.

Often I will come in and fix the problem in short order, or determine it isn't fixable and replace it - after they have sat with the problem for weeks or months - and the reason "because someone told them something unrelated didn't work out" is one of the symptoms of their blocked state.

Naysayers are a dime a dozen, people that fix problems are rare. Become that rare person that works to fix a problem instead of coming up with unrelated reasons to give up before you start 🙂

Your "problem" may not be a problem, if you keep finding it in everything you look at, you - your perception might be the problem.

Perception and interpretation play a role in visual debugging. If you just don't like what you see when it is working properly, maybe you just don't like it?

There was a poll on here months ago that asked who was seeing the lines, vertical or horizontal, there were hardly any that saw it. It sucks if you see something that bothers you, but doesn't bother anyone else, but that doesn't make it a problem that needs fixing - it is just a product you aren't compatible with and don't like.

The wavvy moving lines, and interference lines showing up on an external display sound similar to what you are seeing, but not the same.

It sounds like hardware problems I have seen before that can be fixed. So shooing someone off saying Asus can't fix it, before giving it to Asus to try to fix it isn't helpful, and is keeping that person from getting a repaired laptop. You aren't helping them.

I have used 3 different models of the G750, owned them for months, and used them with 23", 27", and 50" displays, 1080p and 2k, and have not had any interference patterns or moving wavvy lines on the outputs. And both my Chi Mei screens and AUO screen also look great.

In contrast to what you are saying you see, are you saying because I have 3 G750's in a row that don't have the problem, that I should expect all G750's to work the same - or be able to be fixed so they work the same - yes I do.

That is why I recommend an RMA to Asus to give Asus a chance to fix the problem. The problem doesn't exist in my 3 G750's and it shouldn't exist in other G750's either.

Master_Po
Level 7
Sorry. Felt frustrated because I'm happy with the product and to have one tiny but still important thing be wrong is upsetting as you need to send it away and be laptopless for unknown time.

Grainy white, grainy all except black isn't nice from a designers view. I hope RMA will fix that.

The waves, now.. maybe someone could help me out with this. . if you got Battlefield 4.. join a multiplayer game, look at the left corner.. top of where the ammo shows, rigth.

Do you see waves of colors moving slowly from bottom to top in that box? Curious if that is part of the game or part of the screen waves I notice in Windows.

Look away from the screen after watching this forum page or any page makes me see waves on the wall for some good minutes. Guess it burns in my eyes like any light if you watch it long.

Master Po wrote:
Sorry. Felt frustrated because I'm happy with the product and to have one tiny but still important thing be wrong is upsetting as you need to send it away and be laptopless for unknown time.
Look away from the screen after watching this forum page or any page makes me see waves on the wall for some good minutes. Guess it burns in my eyes like any light if you watch it long.

Sounds hypnotizing 🙂

Another thought, when I have had video interference it can come from a bad ground causing rolling interference patterns - also RF interference can take on that rolling interference pattern.

Have you tried this on battery, with AC cheater plugs that break the ground pin to rule out stray voltage?

How about in another location? At friends place, or work / school?

hmscott wrote:
Sounds hypnotizing 🙂

Another thought, when I have had video interference it can come from a bad ground causing rolling interference patterns - also RF interference can take on that rolling interference pattern.

Have you tried this on battery, with AC cheater plugs that break the ground pin to rule out stray voltage?

How about in another location? At friends place, or work / school?

Yes, it's the same without the power, just running on battery.

KoolASUS
Level 7
Hi Master Po, see PM, please.

thanks.