cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble coming out of Sleep Mode on G750

Vastari
Level 7
I've just got a new G750JM and it's running great for everything I throw at it.

The only nagging problem I have is that sometimes after leaving the laptop unattended for hours I'll find it in a sleep mode state. I can tell the computer is on since the light on the power button is still lit, but the mouse or keys won't wake it up. Clicking caps lock does not change the light on that key either (usually indicating a system freeze). I have to hold the power button to forcibly restart the system.

I've got my power settings set to the default "balanced power plan". I also installed an SSD to run WIndows 8.1 on.

Anyone else see this kind of thing? Otherwise, do you know how I can troubleshoot to find out why it's locking up while not in use?

Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2

gazzacbr
Level 10
Hi,
When its asleep you should only have the small light under the keys flash every few seconds. If the power light is lit then windows is not asleep. It didn't actually enter sleep mode.
I see this sometimes on my old laptop. Not sure why...
Drivers maybe or a programming running that doesn't want to sleep properly, possibly trying to phone home.
Asus G750JX-CV050H||GTX770M||24GB ram||120hz 3D screen||
1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD||500GB Crucial M4 SSD||500GB Crucial M4 SSD in DVD Bay
free bag and mouse :cool:
win 8.1||win 7||win xp||server 2008||os x mavericks||linux mint 16

Yeah, I keep having this kind of problem with laptops in general. I can't believe we're in 2014 and can't get power management right consistently.

I'm going down this route to troubleshoot.