Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array chrisnyc75's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    I would urge you not to. I follow the reasoning but I also don't - three boards in a row is significant and warrants not taking another gamble..
    I agree. When I set up the RMA for the RIVE I'll specifically ask if they can tell me whether they sent back the same board "repaired" or a different board altogether on the last RMA. If it's the latter, I'd be more inclined to consider your advice. If, however, they sent back the same board with a new bios chip or whatever, then I'd be inclined to think I've been seeing the same progressive degradation issue on the same board all along.

It's perplexing. I guess it's the karmic price I pay for 5 solid years of absolutely trouble free operation of my previous X58 system (which also used an Asus mobo). Can't win 'em all, I guess. lol
    Asus RIVBE • i7 4930K @ 4.7ghz • 8gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 CL8
    2xSLI EVGA GTX 770 SC • Creative X-Fi Titanium • 2x 840 SSD + 1TB Seagate Hybrid
    EVGA Supernova 1300W• Asus VG278H & nVidia 3d Vision
    Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/ custom watercooling:
    XSPC Raystorm (cpu & gpu), XSPC Photon 170, Swiftech D5 vario
    Alphacool Monsta 360mm +6x NB e-loop, XT45 360mm +6x Corsair SP120

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array chrisnyc75's Avatar

Finished the rebuild last night with all the same components except a new RIVBE instead of my old RIVE and minus one ram module which had discolored pins. I'm happy to report she POSTed like a pro. So it looks like the problem was the RIVE and/or the ram, no idea which failed (or why) and caused the failure in the first place.

In any case, I'm going to run everything at absolute stock settings for a month or two and watch the temps, voltage, etc very carefully just to err on the side of caution.
    Asus RIVBE • i7 4930K @ 4.7ghz • 8gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 CL8
    2xSLI EVGA GTX 770 SC • Creative X-Fi Titanium • 2x 840 SSD + 1TB Seagate Hybrid
    EVGA Supernova 1300W• Asus VG278H & nVidia 3d Vision
    Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/ custom watercooling:
    XSPC Raystorm (cpu & gpu), XSPC Photon 170, Swiftech D5 vario
    Alphacool Monsta 360mm +6x NB e-loop, XT45 360mm +6x Corsair SP120

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Thank you for the post back and I sincerely hope the next time you post it is just to say hello...

Now enjoy your system my friend.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5