cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Front Base's AAFP cable is too short :(

jorgemonteiro
Level 7
Anyone knows where I can buy a longer shielded AAFP cable to replace the one included with the Front Base?

Thanks,
Jorge
15 REPLIES 15

Webalistic
Level 7
I have the same challenge. So far my googling has not resulted in any replacement or extender cables. Not sure if AAFP is asus specific or I could search for a generic internal HD audio cable as well.
[M6F | 4770K | 16G | GTX670-4Gb | H100i | AX860i]

HappyBuddhaman
Level 7
I know this may be rigging it, but maybe we could just cut the wire and extend it with the same gauge and re-sleeve? I haven't connected mine yet as I'm still purchasing parts. I'll take a closer look at the wire when I'm home later this evening.

HappyBuddhaman wrote:
I know this may be rigging it, but maybe we could just cut the wire and extend it with the same gauge and re-sleeve? I haven't connected mine yet as I'm still purchasing parts. I'll take a closer look at the wire when I'm home later this evening.

You could do that but it will compromise the quality of the cable.

Best bet would be to buy a bundle of wire of the same gauge, depin the old wire from the connectors, then repin the connectors using the new wire only, then resleeve.

The same can be done for the ROG_EXT cable.
MB: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition
CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2 (Cooled by Corsair H100i w/ Noctua NF-F12 fans)
RAM: 64GB G.SKILL RipjawsZ 1600 (10-10-10-30)
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX Titan X Hybrid
TV Tuners: 2 * Hauppauge HVR-1800
Case: CoolerMaster Cosmos 2

HappyBuddhaman
Level 7
Necrosan - What tool is needed to depin that connection? Cause I'll probably end up doing this, along with all the other cables, doing a whole red / black / white theme.

EDIT - Pretty sure this will cover everything I need. http://www.frozencpu.com/products/12179/too-35/Lamptron_Deluxe_Modular_5-in-1_Cable_Sleeve_Modding_T...

HappyBuddhaman wrote:
Necrosan - What tool is needed to depin that connection? Cause I'll probably end up doing this, along with all the other cables, doing a whole red / black / white theme.

EDIT - Pretty sure this will cover everything I need. http://www.frozencpu.com/products/12179/too-35/Lamptron_Deluxe_Modular_5-in-1_Cable_Sleeve_Modding_T...

Be careful with that. I've used similar tools in the past, and they were very flimsy. There was a very fine line between just enough force to do the job, and just enough force to bend the crap out of the tool. This one does look a little more sturdy though. Best of luck.
Motherboard: RIVE (3602 bios)
CPU: Intel 3930K @4646MHz
OS Drive: 2 X Samsung 840 PRO (Raid 0)
Storage Drive: 2 X 1.5TB WD Caviar Black RAID 0, 2 X 3TB WD Caviar Red, Kingston V100 256GB SSD
Memory: 64GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z (F3-12800CL10Q2-64GBZL)
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX580 @795MHz - 1536MB GDDR5
PSU: OCZ ZX1250
Cooling: Phantek PH-TC14PE

Necrosan
Level 12
Link looks good to me!
Don't forget to take pictures of the final product for us all to ooh and aah over 😉
MB: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition
CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2 (Cooled by Corsair H100i w/ Noctua NF-F12 fans)
RAM: 64GB G.SKILL RipjawsZ 1600 (10-10-10-30)
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX Titan X Hybrid
TV Tuners: 2 * Hauppauge HVR-1800
Case: CoolerMaster Cosmos 2

Tokens210
Level 10
Yes I'm not an expert but I've done many many car audio systems as well as some tinkering along with my love for PC's

Definitely always want a solid cable over trying to throw splices in, every splice becomes a weak spot

Then even if you got the same guage you'd still need to be sure the inner wire was the same as in solid or stranded

Just wanted to toss it out although you seem to already have what your doing in mind now
CoolerMaster HAF 932 Advanced/ Maximus VI Formula/ I7-4770K/Swiftech H320/ Corsair HX850/ G.Skill Trident X (2x8) 16gb 2400MHz/ 2x 840 EVO 120gb(Raid 0)/ WD 1TB HDD (Backup/Storage)/ EVGA GTX 1gb 560 TI/ Asus 12x bluray combo

Raja
Level 13
We will send out longer cables to you guys if required. Expecting a shipment of longer cables to come in within about two weeks. Contact CL-Jolene@ASUS.COM and she will get it sorted for you when they arrive.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
We will send out longer cables to you guys if required. Expecting a shipment of longer cables to come in within about two weeks. Contact CL-Jolene@ASUS.COM and she will get it sorted for you when they arrive.

This is awesome, thank you so much awesome service 🙂