cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS G750JZ came brand new with ..

Master_Po
Level 7
2 x 4096 MB PC3-12800 DDR SDRAM Hynix (Hyundai)
Module Nominal Voltage (VDD): 1.5 V, 1.35 V

Now I've read here on the forum that you should not buy 1.5V for G750 because it will damage the laptop in the long run. But shouldn't these G750 be sold brand new having 1.35 V?

I'm confused by it saying first 1.5 V, does it mean it is using 1.5 V?
6 REPLIES 6

Master_Po
Level 7
Also the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 880M - 4GB GDDR5 VDRAM description when I bought this.
HWiNFO64 says it has "Video Memory: 2112 MBytes"

That makes me confused? 😐

Master Po wrote:
2 x 4096 MB PC3-12800 DDR SDRAM Hynix (Hyundai)
Module Nominal Voltage (VDD): 1.5 V, 1.35 V

Now I've read here on the forum that you should not buy 1.5V for G750 because it will damage the laptop in the long run. But shouldn't these G750 be sold brand new having 1.35 V?

I'm confused by it saying first 1.5 V, does it mean it is using 1.5 V?

Master Po wrote:
Also the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 880M - 4GB GDDR5 VDRAM description when I bought this.
HWiNFO64 says it has "Video Memory: 2112 MBytes"

That makes me confused? 😐

That is why you want to use more than one program to get data, they all can provide different levels of info. Sometimes they interpret it and give a looked up value (which can be in error), or it reads the actual data from sensors.

And, in this case, more important, you have a new model / release and the programs may need to be updated to give you accurate info. Gathering info from more than one app helps.

So, back to the 1.5/1.35 memory. There are some models of memory that do work under either voltage. Unfortunately some of the 1.5/1.35 voltage memory gets read as 1.5v memory by the G750. I am assuming Asus knows this and used memory that runs at 1.35v when it is in the G750 🙂

Try CPU-Z and AIDA64 Engineer to see what they say.

Also, if the program reads out the make/model, you can look it up and see what the manufacturer site says about the part.

If you still aren't sure whether it is running at 1.35v or 1.5v, file a Technical Inquiry with Asus and ask them. Provide all the details you discovered so Asus can answer definitively.

CPU-Z
http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

AIDA64 Engineer
http://www.aida64.com/product/aida64-engineer/overview

Let us know what you find out!

hmscott wrote:
That is why you want to use more than one program to get data, they all can provide different levels of info. Sometimes they interpret it and give a looked up value (which can be in error), or it reads the actual data from sensors.

And, in this case, more important, you have a new model / release and the programs may need to be updated to give you accurate info. Gathering info from more than one app helps.

So, back to the 1.5/1.35 memory. There are some models of memory that do work under either voltage. Unfortunately some of the 1.5/1.35 voltage memory gets read as 1.5v memory by the G750. I am assuming Asus knows this and used memory that runs at 1.35v when it is in the G750 🙂

Try CPU-Z and AIDA64 Engineer to see what they say.

Also, if the program reads out the make/model, you can look it up and see what the manufacturer site says about the part.

If you still aren't sure whether it is running at 1.35v or 1.5v, file a Technical Inquiry with Asus and ask them. Provide all the details you discovered so Asus can answer definitively.

CPU-Z
http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

AIDA64 Engineer
http://www.aida64.com/product/aida64-engineer/overview

Let us know what you find out!

Found the model manufactur number and Google it to a 1.35 low power usage ram 🙂 Sorry for the fuss. I'll check video tomorrow as I'm on my tablet now 🙂

pokerface
Level 9
they cannot simply put 1.5V that will burn your motherboard on the long run. glad it was just a software reading issue of CPU-Z

I never trust that program, use Speccy Portable instead
ALIENWARE 18 Laptop
CPU: Intel Core i7-4900MQ CPU @ 3.8 GHz (8MB Cache)
Graphics: Dual GeForce GTX 780M SLI 2x4 GB GDDR5 RAM
Sound: Realtek ALC668 HD Audio with Klipsch Speakers
Memory: 32 GB Kingston HyperX 1866 MHz DDR3 PC3-14900 RAM
Storage: Samsung 850 PRO 256 GB SSD + Samsung 850 PRO 1 TB SSD + Samsung 840 EVO 1 TB mSATA SSD
Screen: Samsung LTM184HL01 18.4" WLED FHD (1920 X 1080) TrueLife Display PLS 16:9 1080p [SDC4C48]

Honami
Level 7
For GPU Memory i advice to see what GPU-Z Reporting. Might be also software glitch.

Master_Po
Level 7
It was HWiNFO64 that was showing some incorrect info.

About the GPU showing as 2GB, is showing correctly in GPU-Z 🙂 So that's nice.