Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array martyn's Avatar

can't say i blame you twisted ... knowing what i do now about these cards, i wouldnt have bought them. until these i was always a nvidia user, would have stayed with them if hadnt been for an issue driving my plasma from my previous cards which had worked before updates, help from nvidia failed to sort issue. back to the asus matrix hd 7970 though, i find it hard to understand how asus could release them with the artifact issues they have even at stock, tbh, a fair bit of money to lose really. oh well, c'est la vie, next time team green again...and probably not asus getting my cash.
    Rampage iv Extreme.....3930 i7.....32gb Corsair Vengeance....Thermaltake Water 2.0 Extreme....Matrix HD 7970 x 2 in crossfire....Creative Fatality Champion Soundcard - With front drive bay....Themaltake Toughpower XT Gold 1475 watt power supply.....Samsung SSD 830 512gb...Samsung 1TB HD x 2....Samsung Blu Ray drive....Samsung DVD drive...Windows 7 Ultimate....Thermaltake Overseer RX-1 case

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array twisted1's Avatar

I love the matrix cards. Never had issues with artifacts except when I OC the mem to high(+7400Mhz). I bought mine when they were fresh on the market, and I ran them under water on FC blocks(the artifacts seem to be heat related). They benched @1350Mhz and for gaming 1300Mhz rock stable

sounds about right, i have read that water cooling sorts the issues out
    Rampage iv Extreme.....3930 i7.....32gb Corsair Vengeance....Thermaltake Water 2.0 Extreme....Matrix HD 7970 x 2 in crossfire....Creative Fatality Champion Soundcard - With front drive bay....Themaltake Toughpower XT Gold 1475 watt power supply.....Samsung SSD 830 512gb...Samsung 1TB HD x 2....Samsung Blu Ray drive....Samsung DVD drive...Windows 7 Ultimate....Thermaltake Overseer RX-1 case

ROG Member Array

yeah i'm just a bit sad, since when i went to look for a new card to replace my 470 gtx since i upgraded to 2560x1440 the 7970 was the best value/performance and than i saw that the matrix HD was suppose to be the best for overclocking and etc. So far it's been plagued with rma most of the time and the few time it does work it actually pretty good. Sadly i don't think i would go back to asus if i was going to buy another graphics card though.

ROG Member Array

Well I'm in the market looking at 780/780ti and the 290/290x series atm, but i'm going to avoid asus at all cost. Pushing close to a month now and the email are coming back less frequent if at all.

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array twisted1's Avatar

Get a matrix 780ti, I hear they're beasts of cards! The problem with the asus 7970/280x are not asus exlusive. I've seen many other brands with the same artifact issues.

My matrixes and my DC2T all oc'd @1330-1350mhz which is pretty ok on water cooling. So it's not all bad. One of the matrix cards broke though, just gave me a black screen in win. I got a full refund though so no problem, i got a 290x and a FC block for that money

ROG Member Array

How's your RMA with the Matrix so far Mistax?

My matrix 7970 card started acting up again and I'm thinking of RMAing the danged thing, but I'm worried about how things are currently with
    availability and how unstable the matrix cards are in general.

I rolled back to 13.12 (plus hydravision install not inc (is inc in 14.4)).

I found that my LG plasma always had a corrupted screen on switching on, the black rog background became purple, if i took the hdmi lead out and reinserted it was normal colour. also i found if i messed with check on gpu scaling, that would sometimes fix it also.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenct.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	259.7 KB 
ID:	38592

above is desktop screen i use - it shows extended displays, my dell u2410 @1920 x 1200 (on left as screen 2 - set main display) my LG 50PZ570T-ZB @ 1920 x 1080 ......... on 13.12 driver

sorry, i forgot to do a capture before removing 14.4

No issues since rollback and nothing else was altered or installed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2