Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

@xeromist

THX beloved Brother, I really appreciate your words to me and understand you. All is fine like it is.
    In 10 years, or 100 years... at last in 10.000 years custom Window 7/8 Themes, and ALL from today means nothing anymore. And we know from Albert Einstein and also from the modern quantum physicists that Time is also Illusion. What say this in fact? We dont must wait 10, 100 or 10.000 years - it means all nothing today.

Be always blessed and happy!
    "Chris"
    (Only a name with an illusionary story to name... not ME.
    I can change name and story, and came without - like YOU.)

New ROGer Array

Hello everyone on ASUS ROG forum, hope all of you doing fine and great.

I'm made this account just to say few words about this...

If we share something in good reasons is that must mean that we are doing advertising?

How we can know if you don't want just press Download button and walk away?

If we can spend months to create a good theme for W7 and W8, how it is possible from you that you can't spend 30 minutes to look out for theme?

What kind of the time it is when today's everyone wants just to press DOWNLOAD and go away?

I mean, must of peoples want everything for free, and yes it is for free I don't see what should be problem if you type in google few words for this theme.

(AT LEAST, IF SOME LIKE THIS THEME AND HE/SHE WANTS IT, THEN PROBABLY HE OR SHE WILL GIVE A TRY TO FIND IT, IF YOU JUST WANT ONE CLICK TO GET THIS THEME, THEN PROBABLY YOU WILL BE NOT INTERESTED TO FIND IT, INSTEAD YOU WILL LEAVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK, BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT GET WHAT YOU WANT FOR PRICE THAT YOU LIKE.)

I all understand, It is fine if you are removed download link for this theme, of course it is your forum your rules. I respect that. So from now I would leave it as it is, no advertising for other forums via this. Just sharing.
    Like in post above of beloved brother Chris this is illusion this is just internet, we don't make money from this we don't have almost nothing from this, except to see some good feedback and nice communications...

Don't take it wrong, don't take personally, everyone have a right on own opinion.

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    Memory (part number)16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by xeromist View Post
    On a personal note, I'm afraid I don't agree with the misguided and overbearing host you use so I won't be downloading it. It looks very nice though and I do understand that since it was a collaboration you can't re-host it. I wish you luck!
    Since several MT members have stopped by I feel like I should elaborate on this comment to make it a bit less pithy. And again, this is my personal opinion and doesn't have anything to do with my moderation duties or ASUS.

I said misguided because the idea of requiring posts to download isn't going to generate members, it's going to generate abandoned accounts with 10 posts. People who like the site and want to participate will register anyway. People who don't want to participate will still leave once they get what they want. You can't force meaningful participation. The danger is there are some folks who will see the silly obstacles and walk away without even trying your work. Some of those people might have eventually had something to contribute but you scared them away.

I said overbearing because the host seems overly concerned with registration numbers (there's even a progress bar) and is willing to lock up other artists work to drive up his registration count. Perhaps the artists are consenting but it's not doing them any favors by reducing exposure and distribution of their work. He offers the carrot of thank you's but a thank you button doesn't equal thankful downloaders, it equals downloaders who clicked a button to get what they wanted. It's an illusion of gratitude. It means exactly the same thing as a download counter and that can be implemented without the reduced exposure and distribution.

My personal opinion is that the host should focus on curation and promotion. If the aesthetic of the site is pleasing and the content is high quality the member base will grow naturally. That's not to say that he shouldn't encourage participation and expression of gratitude, but there are better ways. Off the top of my head, an interstitial download page encouraging users to return and give feedback might be helpful. Then you'd know that feedback was genuine rather than forced and insincere.
    Last edited by xeromist; 04-24-2014 at 12:34 AM.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array kb0sdq's Avatar

Very good comment Xeromist. I agree completely with your comment. If this theme is posted for what it is then why not host it here being this is an Asus site and have folks just click and download it they should not be forced to register and post on a site just to maybe find the download link. I did that when the Win 7 theme came out was very frustrating.
    Anyhow to each there own
    Happy ROG_n
    Doug

@kb0sdq , @xeromist , @poweredbyostx

Beloved Brothers,

I really appreciate your very kind, sin- and helpful comments.

We can write now a lot more helpful... but, the short version is fine, easy to understand, and very helpul for us.

No one on earth is really, truly happy about just one big reason: We assess / evaluate / judge. Not that we
    dont must do that in some ways... but we do that very much to often in a crazy way - and this injures ourself.

No one can injures me (also you) with judge. Why? Because only I am responsible for my thoughts.
    Always only my own crazy thoughts injures me:

NO ONE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR MY (YOUR) THOUGHTS, FEELINGS, EMOTIONS, AND ACTIONS. ALWAYS ONLY ME (YOU).

Only my condemnation injures me. "Injures" stay for all other words like "frustrating"
    for example. And this is all based on fear. But this is a long story to explain... Maybe another day.

All is fine like it is in present moment, the only one moment what exist (time is illusion).

"All problems are only crazy thoughts about the illusion of past or future." Eckhart Tolle
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DgPaoObetE

Be always blessed and happy
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJRK...ATQTcu0gRJy5wg

My ASUS / EVGA / INTEL and so on... 3- Way SLi Surround System.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	By Tiger.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	203.2 KB 
ID:	36033
    Last edited by Cosmo; 04-24-2014 at 07:09 AM.

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    Memory (part number)16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by kb0sdq View Post
    why not host it here being this is an Asus site
    In this case the work is a collaboration. Even if Cosmo wanted to do that it would not be fair to re-host it without the knowledge of the other contributors.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

ROG Member Array

very nice theme. =)

ROG 師傅 Array Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Laptop?...No way! (Model?...Jun Amaki...yes way!)
    MotherboardROG ZENITH EXTREME
    ProcessorTHREADRIPPER 1920X
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14Q-32GVK
    Graphics Card #1GTX Titan X
    Graphics Card #2SLI is dead to me
    Graphics Card #3Tri SLI is even dead to Nvidia
    Graphics Card #4Quad SLI is dead to everybody especially my credit card
    Sound CardXonar Essence STX
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 950 PRO
    Storage #22x OCZ VERTEX 3/2x WD Caviar Black 500GB / 2x WD RED 2TB
    CPU CoolerCustom Loop: Dual D5s, Dual Alphacool Monsta 480s, XSPC Raystorm Neo TR4, EK TitanX WaterBlock
    CaseNope!...Phobya Bench...let it all hang out man!
    Power SupplySeasonic SS-1200XP3
    Keyboard Logitech G810 or Fender Rhodes Electric Piano (MKI 73)
    Mouse G502 or Speedy Gonzalez...not Mickey...don't do Disney!
    Headset ...firmly on neck
    Mouse Pad Mouse don't got his own pad man...lives with me
    Headset/Speakers Edifier Spinnaker...or you mean the speakers in my head...man too many voices to name them all
    OS Win XP, 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 Spyware Edition
    Network Router56k modem
    Accessory #1 Umm...nice tie?
    Accessory #2 Err...belt?
    Accessory #3 3 accessories?! I'm not a girl!!

Wow...you joined ROG to say that...excellent! Hope you didn't forget to do it on the host site...that would have been too easy ?!

Just reading over there....Rule 12 at that site is do not advertise or solicit....

Do unto others...

Last edited by Arne Saknussemm; 04-25-2014 at 02:30 PM.

Just got my first Asus G750JM Surprised how fast it is

Cool Theme

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast